D2 Part 3

(YN's) P.O.V

" Jay, keys, remote. " Ben said as he tossed the items at Jay. We sneaked past Auradon Prep's back entrance to the where the magic limo was parked. " Wait. " Evie said to Ben.

" Something's wrong. There. " She stretched Ben's beanie lower to cover his hair. " Shotgun! " We all looked to Dude. He talks now?

" Last time I checked, only animals from Wonderland can talk. " I said, still surprised. " Magic. I'll tell you later. " Carlos explained. 

We all nodded and embarked for the island. While I shared everyone's intentions to ensure Mal's safety and return, there are important things at stake than her. Still so much business to attend to. I would've made the trip earlier but this had to be kept secret.

We parked at one of shadier non used docks. Ben and Carlos put a tarp on the limo. " It's weird being back. " Evie said. " It's weird wearing leather and jeans. " I said, commenting on my attire.

" Well it's better than everybody spotting you from a mile away with your suit and cape. " Evie countered. I shrugged. " Touche. " Ben looked through a man-sized drainage pipe. " What's over here? " He asked. " Savages. " I replied while turning him away. " Keep it chill, all right? " Carlos urged. " Last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here. " 

Ben looked back at the drainage pipe before rejoining us. I swear his curiosity is gonna get him killed. We wandered through the slummy alleyways. I stuck behind Ben and Evie, my hand resting on my rapier for the time being. Suddenly, two kids ambushed Evie and attempted to pickpocket her.

I was about to draw my blade when she motioned me not to. " Just take it. " Evie said as she handed her wallet to them. " That could've gotten worse at any moment. " I warned her. " You would draw your sword on kids? " Evie questioned. " I wouldn't be the first. " I replied seriously. 

Ben was nowhere to be found. We found him almost about to get beat. Carlos got the guy away. " This isn't a parade it's the Isle. " Evie explained. " Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're stealing. " Jay added.

" You either slouch or strut. " Carlos added. " And never ever smile. " Evie contributed. " Ok thanks. " Ben said, making another error which Evie corrected. 

" No thank yous and drop the please too. Just chill. "

As they taught him the ropes of being a VK, I went to find an old business associate. After entering her shop, I rang the bell at the front table. " No thank you! I don't want any more visitors, well-wishers or distant relations! " I heard her shout from the other room. " Stores closing! "

" What about every old business associates? " I asked.

" (YN)? " She said after stepping out. " Hello Freddie it's been a while, hasn't it? " I greeted. " How's Auradon treating you? " She asked, dragging out the name with contempt. " Still got that chip on your shoulder? " 

I shrugged. " Still not the favorite child? " Freddie rolled her eyes. " Touche. " 

She went into the back room. " You have no idea how many booby traps at Dragon Hall I had to go through to find this! " She shouted back. " I was gonna sell it soon if you didn't come back! " Freddie emerged with a small portable freezer. I picked it up and turned away from her, opening it up.

My eyes widened in glee at the contents. I closed it and threw my wallet at Freddie. She caught it and emptied it immediately, handing it back to me. Well, the money was sure worth my closed mouth and eyes. " Freddie joked.  " What's inside if I may ask? "

" The future, Freddie. " I answered. " The future. "