D3 Part 5

(YN)’s P.O.V

Harry and Gil turned to us. “ Hey, guys, We’re just coming for a wee visit. The son of Captain Hook said. I held Gil at bay with my sword but Harry shoved Carlos, causing him to bump into Mal who then dropped the ember on the ground. “ No! “ Mal cried as Harry hooked the ember and sent it into the ocean. A large tentacle caught it mid-air. Uma. The daughter of Ursula arose from the ocean. “ Drop something? “ She asked. “ It can’t get wet. Give it back before it goes out. “ Mal begged. “ Uma? “ Harry and Gil asked. “ That’s my name. “ She confirmed flirtatiously. Uma went back sunk back into the ocean with a magical splash. There goes our ember plan. “ Hi boys. “ Uma greeted from behind. “ Welcome back. “ Harry laughed while he and Gil went to her side. I sheathed my sword now that they were away from us. “ Uma, you swam off and forgot all about us. “ Gil said sadly. “ Yeah. Planning her revenge, no doubt. “ Mal commented.
“ It’s not all about you, Mal. “ Uma retorted. 

“ I was looking for a hole in the barrier, to let everyone out. And you know what I found, boys? “ It’s way better out there than we thought. There’s this thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big you could dance on their backs. And they’ve been keeping it all for themselves. “ Mal ignored Uma’s praise of the outside world. “ Whatever. Uma, I need that to break a spell. “ She explained. “ Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty’s daughter. “ Carlos added. “ Mm. So the good guy is the bad guy? “ Uma laughed. “ Well, I might not give it back. Let’s see what happens. “ I’ll take it from your cold hands. “ I growled before attempting to draw my rapier. “ Evie stood in front of me and put took my hands. “ You’ll only make things worse. “ She whispered. “ It’ll make them dead. “ I countered. Evie and I held a staredown before I relented and took my hand off my hilt. 

“ Fine. “ I muttered. “ Uma, it’s not the time for games! People’s lives are in danger! “ Mal reasoned. “ Guarantee me that every single villian kid who wants to can get off the Isle. “ Uma dealt. “ I can’t do that. “ Mal said. “ Can’t do that. “ Uma repeated and stepped to the edge of the bridge, threatening to drop the ember. “ Well, how about now? “ She asked? “ Deal, deal. “ Mal agreed. I threw my arms up. Well done Mal, way to show off your leadership skills. Uma jokingly pretended to drop the ember. “ Uma! Her word is good. “ Evie assured.

Uma stepped away from the edge and put the ember in her vest. “ I’ll still keep this, for the time being. Becuase if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates. “ She claimed, turning around and celebrating with her friends. “ We can always go back to hating each other when this is over. “ Jay told Mal. “ I second that notion. “ I agreed. “ Fine. “ Mal said under breath. “ Where are our bikes? “ Jay asked the pirates. “ Oh yeah. We crashed them. “ Gil answered nonchalantly. 

Harry mimicked the bikes falling down and blowing up, pointing and laughing at the son of Jafar. “ Here’s a thought. We could try to be friends. Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences. “ Evie proposed. “ I’m gonna have to decline that, E. “ I commented. Evie ignored my quip and reached into her pocket, taking out some gum. “ Who wants gum? “  She offered. “ Let’s go. “ Uma said. “ No, I’m in charge. Let’s go “ Mal stated. We began the walk back to Auradon. “ Can I have some? “ I asked my girlfriend. “ Nope. “ She refused. I rolled my eyes and caught up with my friends. Once we got back to Auradon, we noticed that everyone on the campus was already asleep. Oh no, if Zevon finished but got spelled, my serum is just sitting around waiting to be taken! “ I can’t get Ben. “ Mal said. “ Or Dizzy or Doug. “ Evie added. “ Or Jane. The signal’s out. “ Carlos added. “ Is that Auradon Prep? “ Celia asked, pointing at the main building.

“ Yeah. When everybody wakes up, you’re gonna love it. “ Carlos replied. “ Everything is so… Freaky… Green… You have leaves on your trees. “ Gil said as he looked around. “ And what are those colored things on the bushes? “ Jay and I looked at the son of Gaston in confusion. We had never been this smitten when we got to Auradon. “ Uh, flowers? “ Jay answered. “ Flowers are pretty. “ Gil said in awe before taking a bowl of fruit from a sleeping student. “ Cantaloupe! Mm! Mm! “ He said in happiness. “ We don’t have fresh fruit on the Isle, remember? “ Uma said. “ I had fresh fruit. “ I interjected. “ That’s because your big-headed mom was rich. “ Uma insulted. “ Your mom was obese and you ran the fish market. Don’t complain pirate scum. “ I countered. Harry was about to lunge at me but Uma got between us. “ Not now, Harry. He’ll get what’s coming after we save the world. “ She reasoned.

I smirked at the sight of Uma’s seething lapdog. “ They’re grapes. “ Jay corrected Gil. “ I love grapes. “ The son of Gaston said to himself. Harry took a deep breath before walking away. He went to some sleeping students. “ I believe I deserve some compensation for my muscle, my wile, and my role in this endeavor. “ He said to the sleeping people as he looted their wallets. “ You do. “ The son of Jafar said. “ Me not squashing you like a bug. “ Harry growled and pointed his hook to Jay and me. “ You think I’m scared of you, Jay and (YN)? “ I don’t want you to be afraid, Hook. I want you to give me a challenge before I take your head. “ I threatened. “ Guys. “ Uma, Mal, and Evie called.

I relented under Evie’s glare and continued on. I noticed Pearson Pan asleep on the grass, sword on hand. He must’ve been practicing when the mist hit. Don’t worry my friend, you’ll all be awakened soon. Carlos found Dude eating the food out of a sleeping person’s hand. “ Dude, really? “ He asked. “ What? It wasn’t me. I swear. Okay, it was me. “ The dog rambled. 

“ Hey, do you know what happened here? “ Carlos asked. “ Yup. Audrey showed up. She put everybody to sleep. And then she turned some of them to- “ Dude explained before Evie called out to us. “ Hannah turned to stone. “ She said. We all looked at the stone statue of one of the band members. Hannah was Doug’s girlfriend. I hope he made it out. “ All right. Everybody stay on their toes. “ Jay urged.

Uma, Harry, Gil, and Celia began walking towards the building. “ Look, since we’re here, let’s check the school. “ Uma turned around and reasoned. “ For once, I’m with Uma. “ I agreed. “ If she has the scepter, why not start brewing potions. I’ll check the chemistry lab and see if anything is missing. “ If chocking down my pride means securing the blood, then so be it. “ No. “ Mal disagreed. “ (YN) should go on but Audrey went straight for the crown so, I think it’s safe to assume that she’s gonna go for Ben and his castle next. That’s where we’ll go. “ 

Uma and Mal stepped forward to face one another. “ Says who? “ Uma argued. “ Says me. “ Mal retorted. “ Says you. And that’s supposed to mean something to me? “ Uma asked rhetorically. “ Guys. “ Evie interfered once more. “ To the castle, good luck (YN). “ Mal said. “ Stay safe. “ Evie said, kissing my cheek. I pulled her close and kissed her forehead. “ I intend to. “ I said, leaving Evie to catch up with the rest. I watched her run off for a minute before turning around and running into the building. 

(Third Person)

(YN) barged into the unused classroom to find Zevon sleeping on the desk. “ Dammit! “ He shouted. (YN) began searching through the equipment on the table for any traces of the blood. The glass vials and metal pots smelled like Jabberwock blood but there was no trace of it. His breathing became more frantic. “ Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it! “ (YN) raged, throwing the vials and equipment across the room. “ Behind you. “ A familiar voice said soothingly. The Prince of Hearts quickly turned drew his rapier and spun around, facing the Queen of Mean.

“ Audrey. “ He gasped.

“ (YN). “ Audrey cooed. “ I’ve missed you. “

(YN) backed away and pointed his sword directly at her. “ What did you do with the blood? “ He trembled out. “ Pointing a weapon at me? (YN), you always did know how to get my blood pumping. “ Audrey ignored. All (YN) had to do was take one step forward and he could end this conflict with one thrust. But, he couldn’t. 

The villain in front of him was still his friend. “ Get back, please. I’m not afraid to hurt you “ (YN) lied to himself. Audrey took (YN)’s blade and moved it away from her, stepping towards her almost one-sided love. (YN)’s hand went weak and dropped the sword. He didn’t resist as Audrey put her sceptor down and wrapped her arms around his neck. “ Please, don’t. I’m begging you. “ (YN) gasped. “ Shh. You know you want this. “ Audrey whispered as she softly kissed her prince. (YN) tried to pull himself away but a feeling of magical bliss washed over him. All the feelings he had learned to repress in respect for Evie boiled and exploded. He pulled the Queen of Mean into his chest and recuperated the kiss tenfold. (YN) temporarily came to his senses and pushed Audrey away. He felt sharp pains erupting in his left arm and fell onto his knees, watching in horror as it began to turn black and grow scales and claws.

“ What have you done to me! “ He cried out as he felt other parts of his body transform. “ I gave you what you wanted, power and maybe a powerful love spell. “ Audrey answered. “ I read your diary, (YN). Rambling on about how humanity must be sacrificed for greater power. “ Audrey got down to (YN)’s level. “ So tell me, (YN). What are you going to do with this power? “ He moved his knees into a kneeling position.

“ Anything for you, my love. “