D1 Part 5

(YN's point of view)

The next day we started our first class of remedial goodness. I sat next to Evie. Out of boredom, I turned to look at Jay and Carlos roughhousing each other. The teacher, Fairy Godmother was rambling on about goodness and some multiple-choice questions.

" (YN)? " She called. I stopped scribbling in my plot book and looked up.

" Yes? " I asked.

" What what you do? " Godmother asked.

I looked at the board, studying the multiple-choice question.

" Give the baby a bottle before it's incessant wailing motivates me to remove its head. "

Fairy Godmother gave me a surprised look then smiled.

" Mostly correct good job (YN). "

I looked at Mal and Evie. They were doing their best to hold back laughter while Jay was silently clapping for me. Carlos looked horrified by my answer. Then, a girl walked in that looked very similar to Fairy Godmother. Definitely her daughter. She squeaked in fear as she walked by us.

" You remember my daughter Jane? " Fairy Godmother asked.

" Mom no! "

" It's okay, Jane this is everyone. "

Jane looked at us and started to leave.
" Hi everyone. Don't mind me, as you were. "

I chuckled, she was terrified of us.

Fairy Godmother was about to continue when Jay began wrestling with Carlos on my table. I then drew my rapier and separated the two.

" (YN) that energy could really help on the fencing grounds. " Fairy Godmother said. We left as soon as the bell rang. I was putting some books in my locker when someone approached me.

" Hey, (YN) How are you doing? "

I turned to see it was Ben.

" Hello, Prince Ben it's nice to see you. I'm doing fine. " I replied.

Ben laughed and patted my shoulder. " Please, just Ben. "

I took a few seconds then answered. " As you wish, Ben. "

" Walk with me (YN) we have much to talk about. " Ben said.

I then stepped to his side as we began walking. " So about your royal status. Give me some time and I'll restore it. "

" You would? It's very generous of you. " I said. Why would he grant equal status to me, a villain?

" Why wouldn't I? " Ben asked.

I turned to him. " I'm a villain, Ben. I would love my royal status restored but I don't understand why you would do it for me. "

Ben took a deep breath then continued. " I'm doing the right thing restoring yours and Evie's status. And, you don't have to be bad. I'm giving you guys a chance for a reason. "

" Thank You, Ben. I really appreciate what you're doing for us. Is there anything else? " I asked. His words really struck me. For a few seconds, I swear I could almost feel bad for what's to come. We had arrived at a place on campus that looked look a much smaller gym.

" On my recommendation, I'm having you try out for the Auradon Prep swordsmanship team. " Ben said. " I see how much you like your rapier.

" Yes, it's very dear to me. It's the only reminder of my father. " I said.

" Alright see you later (YN). " Ben said as walked away.

I walked in and admired the place. The interior was pretty much a modernized arena with second-floor stands. Others were there too. A male in green with orange hair and a few others. I took off my jacket and hooked it. I began to walk towards the others when I heard a familiar voice call my name from above.

" Good luck (YN)! "

I looked up and saw it was Evie cheering for me at the stands.

" Alright tryouts check the brackets. The first game is in five minutes. " The coach said.

I took off my jacket and my suit leaving my red shirt on. I then went into the locker room and changed into my black workout pants. I walked out to see everyone's eyes on me. I could fear faint whispers from across the room.

" Does he even know how to use his sword? "

" For all, we know he probably just uses it to scare people. "

" He's from the Isle so I'm not surprised if that's true. "

I smirked. These dolts made a grave mistake underestimating me.

(Third Person)

(YN) stepped up to his first opponent. Someone offered him a helmet but he declined. On the Isle, no one used helmets for anything. (YN) drew his rapier while the other drew one of the team blades. His opponent held his blade in an offensive stance. (YN) wanted to let his opponent strike first. He wanted to see study his movements. (YN) then assumed his signature stance. (YN) had practiced every aspect of dueling even theatric poses.

" En Garde! " The coach yelled.

(YN) placed his left arm around his back and held his blade with the right hand which was his blade hand. (YN) then lined up the blade with his face then in one swift stroke lowered it. He always kept his blade low.

(Here is a giff to understand it.)

One of the reasons (YN) was never beat in a duel was because of how fast he could exploit openings and estimate the actions of his opponents

" Shall we begin? " (YN) asked mockingly.

His opponent then charged forward with a downward slash. The crowd gasped as (YN) made no effort to block it, just simply sidestepped it. His opponent now extremely angered, he unleashed a flurry of mindless slashes that (YN) gracefully dodged and ducked. His opponent clearly tired out, (YN) slid behind him and kicked his kneepit. The opponent crumbled to the floor, landing face forward. As soon as he flipped around to get up (YN) brought his blade down, ending the match. He looked around at the audience. They all had dumbfounded looks on their faces. He looked to Evie, smiling. She smiled back. They both knew never to underestimate a villain.

(YN) looked to his opponent who was still on the ground. He was being helped up by one of the other tryouts. A guy in a green tunic with red hair.

" Get up Jack. "

" I'm trying Pearson. That Villian bastard really hurt my leg. "

The coach looked at (YN) then approached him.

" I'm impressed. I've never seen a style like that. " The coach said.

" That's because it's mine. Been mastering that style all my life. " (YN) replied.

" I'd never expect someone from the Isle to have such an elegant style. " The coach stated.

" I am the Prince of Hearts. I'm expected to be many things, elegant is one. " (YN) said.

He then walked to the locker room to get changed. His next fights could wait. He had chemistry.