D2 Part 4

(YN) P.O.V

After putting the portable freezer in the trunk of the limo, I went to Mal's hideout to find Ben stepping down the stairs. " Where's Mal? " Evie asked. " She's not coming back. " Ben replied sadly. We put Ben in danger for this?! Well it's none of my business anyway. 

The king walked down the night streets. I almost offered to accompany him for protection but he looked like he needed some alone time. " Evie looked just as distraught as Ben. I embraced her and ran my hand down her hair to comfort her. " We'll try again later. " I said. 

" Guys. " Carlos called. " Where's Ben? "

We all looked back at the street to see a figure coming towards us. It was too dimly lit to see who it was. " Ben? " Evie called out. " Ben! " Something's up, I can feel it. She exhaled in relief. " Ben, don't scare us like that. "

" Don't Scare you? " The figure mocked in the darkness. That trademark British accent, Harry. " That's my specialty. " He stepped into the light. Evie exhaled his name. Dammit I should've gone with Ben! " What did you do with Ben? " Jay questioned. 

" Oh, uh, we nicked him. Mmm-hmm. " Harry replied. " Yeah, um, and if you ever want to see him again, have Mal come to the chip shop tonight, alone. Uma wants a little visit. Aw. Jay. Seems like you lost your touch. Jay was about to lunge but was held back by Evie. Harry looked to Carlos then barked, clearly mocking his old fear of dogs. " You're lucky Uma doesn't get your head tonight. " I warned. Harry and I locked eyes. 

He laughed and turn away, whistling while going down the street. " If you guys never would have brought him here, this never would have happened. " Mal said angrily. " What were you thinking? " I shrugged internally.  This was my fault too now. Should've gone with him in the first place. " He was gonna come with or without us. " Evie argued. " We just wanted to protect him. " The son of Cruella threw his arms up. " Yeah, and we completely blew it guys. " He said. " Okay, so what are we gonna do? " Jay asked.

Mal said she came down from a little step. " We are not doing anything. This is between Uma and me, and she's a punk. And guess what, now I have to go get him. " Carlos stepped into her way. " Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mal, you're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats. " He reasoned. " Yeah you're gonna need us. " Jay added. 

" I'm with Mal on this one. " I explained. " Don't want to give her a reason to feed Ben to sharks. I need him alive if he's gonna restore my royalty. " Carlos rolled his eyes. " Not helping (YN). " I shrugged. " Just looking out for myself. " Carlos plopped on the couch. " I'm not going anywhere. " He said. " We'll be here when you come back. " I sighed and sat on one of the armchairs. I swear if she screws this up.