D1 Part 6

(YN's Point of view)

I sighed as we entered chemistry. Most of this crap I already went through once on the Isle. Being wealthy, my mom could afford the best tutors and private teachers.

" Welcome to chemistry, realistic magic. "

I cringed at the quote. This guy clearly hasn't seen magic before. Bored, I took quick glances at Evie whenever I could. She looked just stunning. My eyes then moved to who she was looking at. No surprise, she was ogling
Prince Chad. I put my hand on the handle of my rapier and squeezed as hard as I could to relieve the anger. A finger then poked my back. I turned around to see it was Doug.

" What is it? " I asked him.

" You really like her, don't you? " Doug asked.

" Why would you think that? " I answered.

" You're looking at Chad the same way you were looked at me when Evie was talking to me. " Doug said.

I smiled. " I guess you have a point. "

My eyes then went back to the professor who started pressuring Evie.

" Evie perhaps this is just review for you. So tell me, what is the average atomic weight of silver? " He asked. I turned to her and gave her a sorry look.

" Atomic weight? Um well, not very much. I mean, it's an atom, right? " She said.

I coughed to cover up my laughing. This class didn't seem to be the laid back one of the bunch.

Mr. Delay then called Evie to the front of the room. He handed her a piece of chalk then stepped away. I gave her a thumbs up and laid back in my chair. My mind viewing scenarios on how she could get out of this debacle.

I wasn't surprised when she answered the equation with ease. My eyes lowered to the mirror she had in her hand.

" Well played. " I thought.

" You don't know the power of the dark side, Mr. Delay. " I said cheerfully. Evie high fived me then sat down.

Later in the day, I was at my locker when from the corner of my eye, I could see someone approaching me. I closed my locker and held my hand over my rapier. As he got closer I began to recognize him. He was one of the tryouts for swordsmanship. The one who wore green and had Red hair.

" Hello. " I said.

" Hi. " He said nervously. " I'm not here to start anything. I then relaxed my hand.

" I take it yours here regarding your friend? " I asked.

" Not really. I just wanted to talk for a bit. " He said.

" Fine, I'm (YN) Hearts. " I said, giving my hand. "

" Pearson Pan. " He replied. " I'm pretty sure you can figure out my father. "

" Ah yes, Peter Pan. " I said " He knew his way around swords. "

" You really played my friend at tryouts. " Pearson said. " How are you that good? "

" I am to kill in each strike. " I responded. " But I don't do it.

Pearson was taken aback. " I guess I'll see you later. " He said.

" I hope you last longer against me than your friend. " I replied. I smirked as Pearson began walking away.

(Third Person)

(YN) gracefully walked to the dorm room he shared with Carlos and Jay. He unlocked the room and laid on the bed. He opened his plot book like a treasure chest. Looking at the old entries filled (YN) with nostalgia. He even glued his favorite homework assignments into the book. (YN) was flipping through the pages when he stopped in front of one of his old papers.

An essay he had written on his philosophies and how to be gain ultimate power. (YN) sighed. This one was when he was younger and naive. A time when all he cared about was leaving the Isle and seeing his would-be home, Wonderland. A time when he had childish power fantasies when had read a book on mythical creatures. He then began to read his favorite part.

Power is one of the most important ingredients in a villain. But, one must consider the limits of one's capacity to gain it. Past villains have demonstrated that they were unable to control the ultimate power they gained. Jafar became a Genie but was still restrained to their rules. The Horned King died by the hands of his own Cauldron that granted him ultimate power. Maleficent's powerful dragon form couldn't withstand a sword. All these instances are similar in one way. They were all human. Humans are limited beings. After I concluded my studies into mythological beings. I have come to the conclusion that one must give up their humanity to gain ultimate power. These mythological beings aren't as limited as humans. Take it Some are more limited than humans like Genies. A villain who wishes to gain ultimate power by my recommendation should consider vampirism. Since they are extinct magical means must be found. I assume a true villain would find a way.

(

YN) closed the book and smiled.

" Just fantasies. " (YN) said. His phone dinged. He opened it to see Evie had messaged him to meet her and the others in 2 hours at the kitchen and to bring the pumpkin.