D3 Part 9

(Third Person)

(YN) ate his slice of cake and glazed at Mal from time to time. “ Measure of control, ha. “ (YN) thought. He was just stalling and waiting for the right moment to strike. By using a love spell on (YN), Audrey had stifled his tactical prowess but it was returning courtesy of Evie’s kiss. The only way to keep a Jabberwock under control was to stay worthy. (YN) had learned that the hard way back during Ben’s Coronation. “ That was a really good idea, to check Audrey’s room. Now, we know that we’re on the right track. “ Mal complimented Uma.

“ Is there an insult in there that I missed? “ Uma asked. “ Just… I wanted to thank you. “ Mal assured. Uma smiled a little before offering Mal to sit down with us. (YN) turned his attention away from Mal to listen to Audrey. “ (YN)! Why haven’t you destroyed them! “ She demanded in his thoughts. “ Just waiting for the time, and don’t expect me to call you my love again. Evie broke the love spell but you still control me. “  (YN) said in his thoughts. 

“ Alright! Come back to me then. I’m not letting them go anywhere! “ Audrey proclaimed. “ As you wish, my queen. “ (YN) promised. He got and walked towards the backyard door. “ Where you going? “ Mal asked. “ Just need some fresh air. “ (YN) replied casually. He stepped outside and turned around, watching as wooden planks appeared out of thin air and boarded up any exit. “ Celia! “ Mal shouted. “ We’re trapped! “ Celia shouted back. The daughter of Maleficient banged on the door. “ (YN) let us out! “ She ordered. “ Sorry Mal. “ I lied when I said could control myself. “ (YN) admitted. “ You can fight this! “ Evie shouted. “ Not really. “ (YN) denied. “ But seriously, thank you so much for freeing me. I finally feel like myself and this power is breathtaking! “ (YN) left them before the boys could arrive. Audrey directed him to her mother’s old cottage. “ Glad to have you back, my prince. “ Audrey said alluringly, wrapping her arms around (YN)’s neck and kissed him. 

(YN) put no effort into the kiss but embraced back. “ I’m your Jabberwock, not your lover. “ He stated. Audrey scoffed and let go. “ Let’s see you say that when I brew another love potion and command you to kiss me. “ She argued. (YN) tilted his head. “ You could do that, or you could let me keep my intelligence long enough to help you stop Mal and Uma. “ Audrey stared into the emerald on the sceptor. “ No! “ Audrey shouted angrily. “ What happened? “ (YN) asked calmly. “ They combined their magic and broke out! “ Audrey raged. “ That’s unfortunate but give them some time. Uma and Mal can’t work together forever. “ I reasoned. “ We should relocate. It’s only a matter of time before they or Fairy Godmother find us. 

“ Audrey smirked. “ I turned her to stone. “ She stated. “ Good my queen, now Mal and Uma are the only obstacles left. Merlin is more than capable of challenging us but he’s too far to intervene as of now. You should relocate, it’s only a matter of time before they find us. “ (YN) recommended. “ What about you? “ Audrey asked. “ I will stay here and buy you some time. Contact me when you’ve made it. “ (YN) replied. The Queen of Mean let out a wicked laugh. “ Auradon will by ours! “ She claimed. “ Yours. “ (YN) corrected. “ Now, please leave. “ Audrey spun around and turned into a cloud of green mist just like Maleficent. The green mist flew towards the school campus.

(YN)’s P.O.V

I heard noises coming from the pantry door a few hours after Audrey left. It was starting to get dark. I opened the pantry to reveal, Chad? He was sitting down and rocked back and forth. “ What are you doing here? “ I asked. He snapped out of his trance-like state, immediately screaming in fear. “ Monster! Why are you a monster! “ He cried out. “ Long story my friend. “ Did Audrey lock you in here? “ I asked. Chad cowered at the mention of Audrey but nodded in response. “ Sorry bubby, can’t let you out then. “ I apologized.

“ Wait! Wait! Please! “ Chad begged as I closed the door and lowered the bar. I went upstairs and waited in the bedroom. My enhanced hearing caught Mal and Uma’s group converging on the cottage. They entered and someone went up the stairs. I stood to the side of the door as someone opened it and stepped in. Jay, always heading first into danger. “ Hi Jay. “ I greeted. Jay turned to me and took a punch in the face from my mutated fist. He stumbled back but I grabbed his vest to keep him upright. “ Before I hurt you further, let me apologize for calling you a street rat. I wasn’t really in control when I said that. I am in control for this however. “ I said before dragging him to the stairs and pushing him down. 

“ Jay! “ Carlos shouted and helped him up. I slowly stepped down the stairs and faced them. “ Gil wasn’t among them but Ben was? He let Chad out the pantry. “ Freedom! “ He while rushing out the front door. “ Great, now I’m gotta bring him back when all this is over. “ I whined. “ (YN) we can still fix this. “ Evie reasoned. “ Audrey turned me into a beast, come with us and so we can stop her and save you. “ Ben added. “ I’ll respectfully decline. Now, I’m gonna give you two my ultimatum. Give me Hades’s ember and Ursula’s necklace and I won’t reveal the secret Mal has been hiding from all of you. “ I threatened. Mal’s eyes widened.

“ No! You can’t force me into that! “ She cried. “ What secret? “ Uma asked Mal. “ Don’t listen to him. “ Carlos reasoned. “ What secret, Mal? “ Uma pushed. “ If you won’t say it, I will. Mal was gonna close the barrier for good after Hades almost broke out. “ I revealed. “ Mal’s looked at me in horror. “ Wait, how do I know you’re not lying. “ Uma asked, doubt clearly in her voice. 

“ I was there. I supported it! Of course we were gunna hunt you down and throw you back before we did it. “ I shouted. “ I’m sorry guys, (YN)’s right. “ Ben admitted. “ I knew it was a mistake to trust you. All of this, for a lie. You’re always out for yourself. “ Uma said disappointingly to Mal. Harry walked over to Ben. “ And you, King Benny… You’re probably just gonna throw us all back inside. “ Harry said emtioanly to Ben. Celia stepped over to Mal. “ You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You’re nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again. “ She sobbed. “ Celia. “ Mal said. The daughter of Dr. Facilier grabbed the ember from Mal’s hand. “ Celia. Celia, no! “ She shouted as the ember was dropped in a water fountain. 

Mal rushed to pick it up. “ Regain your might and ignite! No. Regain your migt and ignite! “ She chanted to no avail. (YN)’s wicked grin grew with Mal’s despair. “ Bummer. Let’s go find Gil and leave them all to rot. “ Uma said. She turned to (YN) as she and Harry pashed Mal. “ Tell Audrey we’re not threats to her. “ Uma said. (YN) nodded and bowed  mockingly. “ Will do. “ Uma. “ Mal called out weakly. She turned to her best friend.  “ Evie… I’m so sorry. I’m sorry. I just… I thought that… I was afraid to tell you… I thought I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to something. I had to protect Auradon. “ Evie stepped closer to Mal.

“ Closing the barrier was your idea? “ She asked. “ It was. I only supported the idea temporarily. “ (YN) confirmed. “ I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now. “ Mal reasoned. “ Our life. What about the kids that we left on the island? The kids we promised? We were thier only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K’s. But instead you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to me. We’re your family. “ Evie pushed. (YN) watched in satisfaction as everyone and even Ben turned their backs on Mal. He felt Audrey’s power emanating nearby. Without the ember, nothing was protecting Mal and her friends. 

“ Evie, come on. I had no choice! “