D3. P.10

(YN's) P.O.V

" No. " Mal gasped as Evie, Jay, Ben, Carlos, and Dude were turned to stone. I stepped up to Evie's body and cupped her stone cheek. " Sorry my love, if only Mal had surrendered. " I ignored Mal and went to find Audrey. " Come to me. " She ordered. I turned over to Mal. " Goodbye. " I said before leaving. She stepped up to her frozen friends.

(Third Person)

Here you are alone, and you deserve it

Your friends have turned to stone

And that's on you

You had a cause to serve but did you serve it?

Or did you see yourself in a way that wasn't true?

Why tell all those lies?

You feel unworthy

Like there isn't solid ground for you to stand

But a stack of lies is not a firm foundation

You cannot build a castle on a mountain made of sand!

This is not your father's fairytale

And no, it's not your mother's fault you fail!

So when your story comes to light!

Make sure the story that they write!

Goes once upon a time she fought a dragon!

Once upon a time that beast was me!

Once upon a misspent youth

She faced herself

She spoke the truth!

That's how I see my once upon a time

This time!

Mal ran to the front of the school and found Uma and Harry. " Uma! " She called out. Mal ran up to them and blocked their path. " Uma, stop! Please stop! I need your help. We have a chance if we do this together. " Uma looked at Mal with contempt. " Your friends kick you to the curb? Good. " She said. " Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it, too. You care. Uma, you care about everybody. And Auradon is worth saving. Help us please. " Mal pleaded. " You talk pretty, but... she's already made up her mind. " Harry stated. Uma looked to Harry before Mal. " You brought this on yourself, Mal. " Uma said softly. " You figure out how to fix it. Let's go. " Mal watched on as they walked on.

Life is not a storybook but life unfolds in chapters

Turn the page and start to make amends!

There's no pre-written guarantee of "Happily ever after"

Step into your greatness before your story ends

So when your story ends!

They'll say once upon a time a girl flew higher!

Once upon a time she made things right!

Once upon a tie that binds

She changed her heart

To change their minds!

That's got to be my once upon a time!

This once upon a time!

I'll finally see my once upon a time!

This time!

I stood alongside Audrey on the rooftop of the main building. I had captured Celia on my way here and now held her in my grasp. " My divide and conquer plan has succeeded! Mal won't be able to stop us alone. " I said confidently. Audrey laughed triumphantly. " Help me, Mal. " Celia cried out. " I covered her mouth with my mutated hand. " Be quiet, Celia. I don't want to hurt you. " I warned. " Yeah, save your little friend, Mal! " Audrey mocked. Mal turned into a dragon and flew overhead.

Audrey blocked her fireballs with the sceptor. Mal dove towards us but stopped when I brought Celia over to Audrey. " Careful not to fry your little V.K buddy. " Audrey taunted. Mal attempted to heat up the ember with her fire breath but achieved no success. I heard voices from below. Uma and Harry had come back? No matter, the ember is worthless with or without them. " She doesn't stand a chance without the ember. " I heard Uma say. " Help me Mal! " Celia shouted. Audrey let out another blast, hitting Mal's left wing. I was about to jump down and deal with Uma and Harry but Celia broke free from Audrey.

" Hold that little brat still! " She commanded. (YN) caught Celia and held her tight. " I don't wanna throw you off. " I growled. Mal flew back to ground level. " We're stronger together Mal. We're stronger together! I'm right here, Mal! " Uma encouraged. What is going on down there? I heard them try to ember chant again. Mal flew back up to face us, glowing ember in hand! " How! " I shouted angrily. Audrey fired a powerful blast that Mal countered with her own. Purple and blue energy lit up the sky. Audrey began to lose the advantage so I joined her with my energy breath but kept Celia to my chest. We regained the advantage but Celia got an arm free and squeezed my throat. " Agh! " I chocked, allowing Celia to break out my weakened grasp. Without my support, Audrey was blasted and fell to the ground.

I regained control over myself and rushed to Audrey body. " Audrey, Oh Lucifer, no. " I said as I got on my knees and lifted her up. " Wake up, please. You don't reserve this. " I begged. " Mal. " Celia shouted happily as the daughter of Maleficient returned to human form on the roof. " Celia. It's okay. I've got you. " Mal comforted and embraced her. " I'm free, Mal. Thank you but we need to help Audrey. " Mal eyed me suspiciously. " Please! " I begged. Mal went on her knees and put the ember om Audrey's face. " I'm sorry, (YN). There's nothing I can do. " Mal apologized. " There has to be something! " I cried out. " We'll figure it out, together. " Mal comforted. She turned back into a dragon to get Celia back into the ground while I picked up Audrey and jumped down. I brought Audrey to her dorm and layed her on the bed.

" Isnt that poetic? " I joked dryly. " You forcefully rekindle our love but we both lose everything. Your life and my humanity. " Mal returned with Uma and everyone else. " (YN)? Are you yourself. " Evie asked emotionally. " With the master gone, the Jabberwock would be free. That's how it works. " I replied sadly. Evie broke down into tears and embraced me. I returned the embrace and buried my face in her neck. " Oh, Evie. I'm so so sorry. " I sobbed. "