Chapter 31: Life's Test

Clara Bell's POV

I furiously trudged down the path leading to the Santorini's backyard, fuming inside. I didn't even bother waiting for Alex cause I felt he was against my decision, though he kept his mouth shut. But that's not really the reason. That anger inside my chest keeps building up and I don't know how long I can hold it back. I don't want him to be the receiving end of my uncontrolled anger. And why Claire is on me because of him, yet again, I don't want to regret later on if I said something that would hurt him, and me at the end.

I felt a little pain on my backside due to that fall, but it's nothing compared to the anger I felt for the person I thought who care so much about me. I quickly released my teeth after clamping it so hard, I didn't even realize.

Ugh, Claire! If you think you can drag me down, then you are clearly a dumb dumb!

I have lowered my standards of getting friends, thinking they can be trusted, but what a bunch of lying bitches.

I sneaked inside the mansion successfully without getting dad's or his friends' attention, or perhaps they saw me but I wasn't looking at them as I headed straight inside without bothering to throw a glance at their directions. My mind still reeling on Claire and Tabitha.

I met with one of the staffs. With so many of them, hard to keep track of their names.

"Ms. Valiente!" A young lady of mid twenties stopped in front of me, her head tilt slightly forward, acknowledging me. Her curly black hair was neatly tied in a bun. Her smile is as bright as her face.

I nod my head back, returning her a small smile. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Skylar, Ma'am," she replied shyly as she dropped her eyes to the floor. Her eyes trained on the floor.

"Bell," I corrected. She looked up looking confused. "Call me Bell," I repeated.

She nodded her head, an embarrassed smile crept out of her cute face. "Would you mind showing me the way to any telephone available?" I asked.

I need to call Sid. I need him to pick me up.

"Sure, Ms. Valiente," she replied. Her warm brown eyes twinkled with innocent happiness.

I followed her to the kitchen, passing a few doors down. As soon as we walked into the busy room, the delicious smell of food assaulted my nose. My stomach made a growling sound in response. I realized I skipped lunch. I ignored the tempting aroma of whatever is in the two big pots. The room feels hotter too.

Everyone was frozen very briefly when they noticed my presence. And followed by bright smile plastered on their faces; a welcoming smile.

I smiled to no one particularly.

My eyes darted to the lady that's approaching. The thudding sounds of knife meeting the cutting board filled the room once again, interwoven with the sound of the ventilated fan. The smell of food and fresh herbs is like teasing my belly as the time passes by. I could hear it calling for my attention, and I'm glad that the noise coming from the vent drowned it out.

Mrs. Simon, the lady that runs the Santorini's house has a very bright and warm smile as she walked towards us. On her hands were some bottles I'm not familiar with, coming from the pantry room.

I suddenly felt a warm sensations creeping to my cheeks and rushing down below my belly. My whole body suddenly felt tingling as I remember Alex's demanding kisses in that room.

"What does Ms. Valiente need, Sky?"

"Clara Bell," she smiled at me, her eyes twinkled with adoration. "What can I help you with, Clara Bell?" she asked.