Chapter 4: Persistent Prick

Alex's POV

An awkward silence filled the confines of the car as soon as we hit the busy road of Hill Street. She was proving me to be more challenging as the days goes on, but I don't understand why Am I so eager to win her.

It was just a kiss, bloody hell, Alex.

And why does my heart skip whenever I see her? And drummed like a bloody hell tambourine?

I breathed out a harsh breath, willing my temper at bay. Words jumbled in my head like jumbled sets of cards. I couldn't even think of any topic to get her attention, and engaged her in a conversation. A congenial conversation if possible.

The air seemed to get thicker each passing second, making it hard to breathe. I didn't even realize my foot on the gas getting harder, the speedometer hiking up, zooming past the cars until Clara Bell screamed.

"WATCH OUT!"

My foot instinctively slammed on the break when the fucking, bloody hoe just cuts us off, then swerved to the left avoiding the black van, my hands stirring the wheel, correcting it, then slammed my foot on the gas.

"What are you doing?" Clara Bell screeched as the car speed up again. My anger is rising synchronically with the speedometer.

I didn't respond as I focused my eyes on the road hard, eyeing the bloody red Dodge Challenger occasionally, speeding up ahead of us. "If you are trying to retaliate, then let me off first, Alex!" Clara Bell spat out, causing me to give her a glance before throwing my dark gaze back to the back of the Dodge.

Overtaking another blue Honda Sedan, I stepped on the gas and did what the Dodge just did to me, so close I saw her swerved sharply and almost collided with another car. The sound of screeching tires, honks, and lots of swearing fading as I sped away.

"ALEX!"  Clara Bell was fuming, and I slowed down as soon as we are a few miles away from the red Dodge.

When I looked at her, she was gripping the handle bar above her head. She looked terrified, and I felt a tad remorseful.

Looking away, she spoke in a sharp, displease tone. "Are you trying to kill us both?" her tone rose.

Her voice quivered, and I realized she's shaking. Her eyes betrayed the toughness and sharpness of her tone.

"I'm sorry," was all I said, but I really don't feel guilty cutting off that bitch.

"If we were both got into an accident, your sorry wouldn't bring back what has been done," her tone mellowed down.

"But we weren't," I replied glancing at her and smirked. Her brow high up in annoyance. Lips pursed and tore her gaze away.

"We were just lucky!" she gritted out.

"There's no such thing as luck, my ice princess," I muttered, then hummed as I turned into the street where she's staying.

As soon as I parked in front of the tall building where she's staying, she shifted in her seat, facing me. Her face filled with disapproval.

"Can you tell me the truth why are you so persistent on bothering me?" she asked as she straightened her back, her shoulders stiffed.

I stared at her, taking in her beauty that I know a lot of men wishes to see when they wake up in the morning and before they sleep. She's the epitome of perfect beauty.

Cerulean eyes that adorned with thick long lashes, and it held so much intelligence. Pointed nose, plump naturally red lips, and high cheekbones, they all seemed done so perfectly.