Chapter 14: Truce

Alex's POV

I stared at her incredulously. How could she think that I only wanted a kiss?

That's what you thought in the first place? A small voice was echoing in the back of my head. I quickly blocked it off.

Is it only the kiss?

"If I let you kiss me, will you stop, Alex?" she repeated, her eyes filled with curiosity and damn, I saw the determination in her eyes to get rid of me.

That truth hurt a lot.

A kiss?

Feeling her soft, warm, and sweet lips again? It is very tempting...but, I want more.

Yes, I want more.

I want all of her.

I want her.

I want her all mine. Body and soul.

The truth struck me like an arrow, hurled straight into my chest.

But she doesn't want you? A soft voice echoed in the back of my head.

Just thinking of leaving her alone caused my chest to tighten. Can I bear to watch her from a distance, flirting with another man?

Seeing Austin today staring at her like he wanted to pounce on her whole made my blood boil. Frustrations, jealousy roiled through me like a maelstrom. I had to use all my willpower to contain myself not to jump on him and poke his eyes out of his sockets or beat the shit out of him.

Just thinking any man feasting on her made my temper set on fire.

"Alex?" she called once again, her perfectly plucked eyebrows darted together in a deep frown.

I stared her down, unable to control the frustrations growing deep within me upon remembering that old Austin. "Is that how shallow you think of me, Clara Bell? I want you, and not just for a damn kiss!" I hissed and tore my gaze off her and shifted it to the rearview mirror.

I want to crush her lips with mine, kiss her endlessly until she realizes how much I want her, not just one damn kiss.

Langdon's eyes fixed on the road. I knew he can hear us, but I don't care. He had witnessed a lot of things I've done inside the car, heard a lot of arguments with different women, but he never meddled with my life.

Clara made a faint frustrated huff next to me. I dragged my gaze back to her, and she was staring at the window, lost in thought.

I wish I could freely wrap my hands around her and snuggle against her.

I unconsciously let out a loud sigh as I dropped my back against the seat. She turned her head to look up at me, frowning. "Why are you like that? You used to hate me?" she said sulkily.

I frowned at her. I didn't really hate her. That's a very strong word. Maybe I'm just too hurt that she never liked me, that's why I made her believed I hate her, too.

"I never hate you, Clara Bell. I'm just annoyed because you always assumed me of a douchebag," I explained, feeling that kick in my chest again.

"But you were?" she scowled, and I chuckled. She was so confident.

"Wrong, babe! You believed too much of rumors." I shook my head, gaze never left her beautiful face.

The crease on her forehead doubled. "You were with different women while dating Claire," she stated tartly, and I shook my head once again.

"Claire and I were going on and off. She wasn't truthful to me the whole time," I shot back. My lips pressed into a hard line upon remembering how Claire managed to play the victim. How she managed to make the people around her believed she was innocent.