Chapter 26: Santorini's Breakfast Fun

Alexander

A tinge of anger rose within me as I watched GP held Clara Bell so gingerly. Clara looked so content, no malice yet I couldn't help it.

Stinging sensation burst around my eyes and just realized that I was staring at him too hard. And holding back that intense feeling was actually exhausting. It felt like I just had a marathon.

It's crazy how powerful it is, it is draining my energy.

It's just a friendly hug, Alex. I silently chided myself as I approached them.

I willed myself not to reach out GP's neck and give it a little squeeze... a little harder... or... throttle it. In a barely controlled anger I embraced him, a little too tightly than necessary.

GP didn't notice but Lucas did. That one eyebrow arched too high than the other, he knew how I felt at the moment.

"That was a pretty intense, hug," he commented good-naturedly as he past us and approached Clara wearing that mischievous grin.

"Nice seeing you again, bro!" GP said causing me to tear my eyes off Lucas and Bell and rested on him. One hand rested around my shoulders in a friendly manner.

"It's nice to see you, too," I replied in a barely concealed tone.

"What happened to you, after the party?" GP inquired. I'd like to think he's being nosy now, but his tone held nothing but no interest.

"I barely remember anything," I frowned. And yes, I can't recall what happened most of that night other than stalking Clara Bell. I was really drunk.

I patted his shoulder a little too hard before pulling away. "You left after, you tell me what happened?" I cocked my head as I waited for his reply.

GP shook his head as he dragged his gaze away. " I got bored," he sighed.

"When was the last time you were ever get entertained?" shaking my head good-naturedly.

He just shrugged his shoulders in response. Typical GP.

Shaking my head I looked away, my eyes locked with Clara's. My heart cavorted as I  tried to read her mind through her eyes. She looked unimpressed. And my heart suddenly made a leapt to my throat.

What did I do?

I wonder why?

I was about to mouth her 'what's wrong' when she turned her attention back to auntie Enna.

"What do you think of the newly elected president? His platform seems good. Will surely bring more busi...."

His voice just passed my ears in a blur. My brain was now busy trying to remember what must be the reason of her sharp stares.

And as I pondered what happened in the last minutes, ny brain suddenly made an abrupt halt.

Good Lord! I'm acting like my dad now. Whenever mom wasn't smiling or looking upset, fright is written all over his face. And I bet I had that look right now.

Okay, relax.

I'm not overthinking things.

"Love bugs. You got it hard!" GP muttered but it didn't register in my busy brain.

Suddenly, his phone beeped. He gave me the silent 'excuse me' signal using his index finger, then he casually pulled it out of his pocket his phone. The small machine then took all his attention.