Chapter 41: Full Hearts

"A person's most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge, but a heart full of love, an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help others" — Kotaku Wamura.

I pulled a face, excitement deflated at his subtle rejection... 

You'll find out soon.

Yes. It felt like a rejection.

But then, it's not easy to just spill out all your secrets. That's why none of his closest friends nor his family knew about it. It's a restricted territory, story and I should wait until he's ready to share it. 

But it left my mind bugged with so many questions.

Did he murder anyone?

Was he doing something illegal?

Does he have a child from previous affairs?

Cut it out, Clara Bell! 

I heaved a deep sigh, scratching out all those unpleasant thoughts whirling in my brain. 

It couldn't be. 

Alex chuckled, breaking through my ugly thoughts.

 Lifting one hand, he ran his index finger across my lips, with my bottom lip forward. 

"Sorry, babe. But not right now..." he drawled. His eyes glinted with amusement and I sighed, a little exasperated. 

That curiosity buzzing deep within me increased. Or perhaps his warm fingers that still touching my lips, with his eyes that was staring at me intensely with hunger. Raw and dark. 

It's probably why I'm getting that buzzing inside of me.

No. It was the curiosity. And it's killing me right now.

"How about you? Do you have any secrets?" he pulled back his hand but his eyes still locked on mine. Mirth flitted over his serious features.

I fell into silence. 

I do have a secret. 

If anyone would hear it, whatever respect they held for me will surely die at the same time. 

Alex cocked his head to the side, his lips tugged into an amused smile. 

"I conclude, your silence means yes," he drawled sexily, the corner of his lips quirked into a roguish grin. 

I can't say it. I'm gonna break a contract. But then he's my love. I know Brittany made that non-disclosure contract so it won't leak to the press and that's because she's very thoughtful of me, of my reputation. 

She wanted me there, the very reason of that non-disclosure contract, which everyone who was present signed it.

I leaned back, and Alex quickly took one cushion from his side and placed it on my back, and I smiled.