Chapter 20: Yes!

Clara Bell's POV

As soon as the line ended, I bounded out of bed and ran my fingers through my bedraggled hair trying to smoothen it a little bit and tucked the stray hairs that's covering my cheeks as I walked towards my walk-in closet. I'm so excited to go back home. I missed my family.

I pulled out my favorite LV luggage and unzipped it open, then laid it on the floor unfolded.

I started pulling clothes out of my drawers, only those I love to bring it with me back to New York, then folded it neatly and put it in the luggage. Soon, I was busy going through the dresses hanging on the rod above me. It took me an hour perhaps, but my average size luggage was even half filled.

I decided to have a shower next. My eyes drifted to the small clock. It's past ten. I thought of Alexander, he's maybe on his way here. I decided to unlock the door while I shower so he can get in.

My heart cavorted as I thought of him.

I quickly went back to my room, pushing the door close without glancing back to make sure it was lock and stripped down as I made towards the washroom door. I just threw my clothes on the floor as I shuffled towards the door.

I just pushed the door closed but not enough to close it completely and then stepped into the shower.

When the warm water cascaded down my body, my body relaxed. I stood under the water, relishing the satisfying feelings the water brought to my skin, to my system. I forgot about Alexander's arrival, about anything.

After a while, I decided to shampoo my hair, then soap my body next, taking my time to rub every surface of my body, then rinse. I turned the water off when I felt satisfied and clean, then stepped out of the shower, then reached out my hand to the cabinet, then grabbed a clean towel. I toweled dry my body first then squeezed my hair dry using the same towel, then wrapped it. I reached out for another towel, then wrapped it around my body.

I walked out of the washroom with a ghost of smile carved on the corner of my lips. I came to an abrupt halt when I saw Alex's holding my used underwear close to his nose with his eyes closed.

What the fuck?

My gaze dropped to his one hand that was rubbing his crotch.

Oh my God!

"What are you doing?" I asked, frowning deeply. I felt my whole body heated, not because I was embarrassed or maybe I was. I'm embarrassed for him and at the same time, creeped out.

His eyes flew open and he stiffened. His hand holding the unwashed underwear dropped to his side, and his face for the first time, it was as red as a cherry.

He quickly masked his frozen state by smiling, but I could read embarrassment all over his face. He tried to masked his embarrassment with ignorance. "I'm sorry. I was just wondering what is this white dried patches. I don't know what gotten into me..." he swallowed. "I shouldn't have done that," he looked away, then feigning nonchalance as he walked over to the settee and placed my underwear there. It was obvious he was trying to commouflage his embarrassment.

"And your nose is connected to your crotch," I cocked my eyebrow at him. I know he was lying, and I almost smacked my head for adding more heat to his already flushed face.

"I..." he paused, then shook his head, then he chuckled nervously. He looked at me straight in the eye. I could see his eyes growing heavily on me with lust as he paused for a second. Perhaps trying to find the right word to explain what just he had done.

I should have just let it go, I thought to myself.

I met his hard gaze. The fire of lust in those dark blue orbs starting to burn me. The intensity of his gaze made my insides in havoc. Electric charges sparked all over my skin and tingling sensations surged throughout my body.