Chapter 18: Dirty Secret

Clara Bell's POV

When Alex turned his back on us, my manager and Mr. Toledano spotted another important guests almost at the same time so they excused themselves and meet the newly arrived guests. Alex was still waiting, so I decided to find a spot where we could sit while chatting and drinking. My eyes swept over the busy room as I strolled slowly and aimlessly.

High round tables were placed at every corner of the room with high stools or bar stools. A few caterers strolling around with tray filled with caviars and other finger foods.

I spotted Tabitha with her friends chatting animatedly, her eyes glued at the bar. They didn't see me when I walked by. They occupied the table near the exit door.

"I can't believe Clara Bell would date Alexander Demakis? Claire is her bestfriend?"

I stopped when I overheard my name. My shoulders straightened at the sudden rushed of guilt and at the same time anger to these people whom I did nothing, and now was talking about my life.

I hid in the shadow, not too far from their table and soon realized what am I doing, I cursed myself silently. Why would I care about what other people say. And then again, curiosity burned deep within me. I want to know what would the others say.

I'm just glad the music was mellow, their voices were clear enough for those who are intently listening, such as me.

"They are not best friend," Tabitha answered with hatred underlying her tone.

My spine steeled at her curt reply. Eversinse, Tabitha hated me. She accused me of stealing her watch. And from then on, the animosity between us had been huge, it will never be patch up.

I snorted inwardly. I know she's also jealous that Claire became closer to me. They used to be best friend as far as I know.

"Oh come on, Tabitha. I know you just can't move on that Claire chose Clara Bell's company over you. I don't blame her. Clara Bell had been very down to earth while you bitch a lot," one of them answered. I can't help but smile as my heart swelled with pride.

"Claire and I are cut in the same cloth!" Tabitha spat out. "And that bitch had been using Clara Bell to gain more fame—"

"Claire is already almost at the top of her game because of Alexander, why would she needs Clara Bell?" one of the girls cut through her words.

"I know what's going on with Claire's life before Clara Bell arrived in the picture, bitch! So shut up!" Tabitha growled causing the girls to fell in silence.

"If you think she's on the top of her game, you're very wrong. That's why she set up Clara Bell."

My eyes widened at the sudden revelations, my heart beat raced rapidly. Tabitha was already on the verge of exploding as she explained to her friends what she knew, and obviously, she's under the influence of alcohol. She was oblivious around her, she kept on talking she didn't realize she's spilling a dirty secret.

"What do you mean she set her up? Why didn't I hear about this?" one of the girls asked, flabbergasted.

"Because it was suppose to be a secret, estupida!" Tabitha snapped frustratedly.

A short paused.

I leaned a little forward in their direction, my face looking away, but my ears was perked up, waiting.

"It was Claire who puts the watch in her stuff. It was a set up. That bitch lied to me." Tabitha explained further causing me to straightened, my whole body tensed up with the anger boiling deep within me.