Chapter 44: If you say yes, you are mine forever!

"Are you finally getting married, Alex?"

Theia Alexis probed in Greek as we watched Clara Bell talking animatedly with Ylona's three years old daughter, Casseia.

Her face glowing as she laughed in abandon while tickling Casseia. Their laughters filling the hall.

My heart cavorted at the sight of her.

And a little girl swam in my vision, with a sun coloured hair as hers, laughing while she found her ticklish spot.

A sense of happiness unfurled then blossomed in my chest.

True happiness, a satisfying sense of feeling.

Everything that I had, that I achieved, it was nowhere close to what I felt right now.

Content.

Yes, it was contentment.

"Alex?" theia cut through my musing.

"Yes, theia."

My head whipped to her with a start, realizing she was asking about marrying. I nodded my head briefly then drifted back my gaze to the group on the spacious entrance hall, or the entertaining room.

We just had our lunch and Clara Bell decided to stay and hang out with the Galanis.

Aunt Alexis' daughter Ylona had become friends with Clara Bell so fast, and now they are all laughing on something theo Thaddeus, theia's only brother had said.

"That's so exciting!" theia exclaimed. "She's perfect for you. She looks like a princess and acted like one," she commented and I chuckled.

"She's a royal," theia," I chuckled.

"She is?"

Theia Alexis was watching her in awe.

"Her mother is the only granddaughter of a grand duke in Pushkin," I explained briefly and theia Alexis only nodded. Still looking astonished.

"I never thought they still existed," she mumbled, turning her eyes to me and I nodded my head.

"Apparently, yes."

Theia's eyes lit up with happiness.

"Royal or not, she's perfect. We are very happy you found the right girl for you," she beamed merrily and I grinned. My heart swelled with pride.

"That's why I'm lingering here to get a private moment with you," I said in Greek.

She quickly dropped the pomegranate she was seeding and gave me all her attention. The winkles underneath her eyes multiplied as she frowned, interest all over her seasoned worn face. Yet her eyes still gleamed with vibrant energy.

"I'd like to take her on a dinner on our family yacht," I said.

Happiness shone on her weary brown eyes and it spread all over her face.