Chapter 3: Hell Bent

"I'll bend hell just to get you ..." — Alex

Clara Bell's POV

Alex looked hell bent as he pompously declared those words. I can't believe he'll say something like that. And in the presence of GP!

What in the world is he thinking?

Everyone knows he's dating Claire.

Did he think I would fall for that trick?

I narrowed my eyes at him. I remembered GP was watching us. His lips split into an amused grin.

Grabbing Alex's arm, I yanked him away from GP, leading him towards an empty hallway. I'm glad some guy approached GP, taking his attention away from us.

"Can't wait to have me all to yourself huh, my ice princess?" he jested, causing my blood to boil even more.

Oh, his arrogance is beyond me!

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Shut the hell up!" I snapped, and his lips clamped together, but his eyes twitch, stifling his amusement.

Seconds later, he opened his mouth again. "Woah, the princess knows how to curse!" he taunted. I ignored it before I'll slap his stupid face. My hand clenched tightly trying to stop the itch of slapping the smirk out of his face.

I released his arm as soon as we are out of sight and instantly, I regretted it. Now we are alone. Well, not entirely, which was worst.

At the end of the hallway, a couple was making out hotly, oblivious to their surrounding. And that only made me feel like a fool.

Alex was watching the couple —who was busy eating each other's face— with utter amusement. The girl's back pushed against the wall by the man's body, her legs wrapped around the man's waist, while he was holding her on her butts. Her dress was already up to her waist, showing her bare lower body.

My gaze moved down to the man's lower body and realized his jeans pooled around his thighs. My cheeks grew hotter when it dawned on me what was going on.

I quickly turned my back on them, then scowled at Alex. He just smirked. My body grew hotter when I met his smoldering dark bluish/grayish ones. He was staring at me intensely, and that kiss we shared flashed through my head.

A warm sensation suddenly pooled low in my belly. I unconsciously squeezed my legs tight as I casually tore my eyes off his.

I need to get out from here, away from him, but my legs weren't functioning. I hate how my body and mind doesn't cooperate with each other. My shoulder was almost touching the white wall. Alex's hand was above my head on the wall.

"Why do you need to tell that in front of GP? Everybody knows Claire and you are dating?" I spat.

"Yes, she was my girlfriend, but not in the real sense of the word. She—" he stopped, pressed his lips into a tight, grim line. Something must have hit him that made him turned colder.

"She what?" I asked, glaring at him, ignoring the dark changes in his mood.

"Nevermind. We are over, and I should have done that years and years ago. I thought it was clear that as soon as she fucks someone else, the relationship was over. I guess, women thinks differently," he glowered.

I was shocked to hear that Claire was cheating on him. I know she's always on a trip, but I thought it was a business trip.

I don't know if I should believe him.

But Claire is my friend, and I know Alex's ways. He probably was just telling this because he wanted to get on my good side. He was trying to clean his image in front of me, but that's not gonna happen. He can never change that impression he instilled in my head.