Chapter 5: Baby

Clara Bell's POV

I headed straight to the washroom and cleaned my face, then wipe off the dry patches of liquid that sputtered on my thighs when I coughed it out the fluid that went in the wrong hole.

When I got it all cleaned, I sauntered back to my room and grabbed the long pink robe that was sitting in a heap on the winged chair in one corner and put it on.

I strode out of my room back to the living room and saw Alex comfortably sitting in the spot I left him watching TV while drinking beer. On the other hand, holding half eaten pizza.

He didn't hear me approaching as I come closer, his eyes glued to the TV. He didn't even realize I was already sitting at the other end of the couch.

"Ohh!" he exclaimed, then dropped his back on the backrest taking a large bite of his pizza.

I don't know if he was too engrossed with the sports he was watching, or he was just ignoring me. As much as I wanted to kick him out now, but he seemed to have had fun watching the football. He didn't even blink nor shift his gaze to me.

I let it go, knowing he's not going to make it easy for me to kick him out, and since he was in his own world, I decided to ignore his presence for now.

I remembered the laptop I put on the couch when I went to open the door. I saw sitting on the armchair adjacent to him with my phone on top of the folded laptop. I rose from my seat and went to reach it out, standing next to Alex's stretched out legs.

"I can't see!" he complained, and I gave him a glare as I took my phone, leaving the laptop on the chair.

I sat back on the spot I emptied with a huff then ignored him again. I could feel his hot gaze on me, but I decided to ignore his presence. I unlocked my phone using my thumb pad, then checked the messages.

How is the shooting going? - Boo

I scrolled it down and read her next text.

I've been trying to call you. Text me if you're off work. - Boo

Are you busy? Call me if you receive my text. - Boo

It was Claire. I named it Boo since she calls me that pen name.

I read the other messages. It's from Brittany. She's also a close friend, may not be as close as Claire, but close enough to hang out when Claire wasn't here.

Brittany is a freelance model and a photographer. I worked with her twice, and I like her, but she and Claire don't get along quite well. I had invited them once in my condo to hang out, drink come Champagne and relax, but it turned out to be a disaster.

Brittany had to leave in the middle of the night, couldn't stand to stay longer with Claire in the same room, breathing the same air.

I love them both and Marigold.

Marigold is sweet, and she can tolerate Claire's sassy attitude.

Shaking off the thoughts, I read Brittany's text.

I'm going back to New York tomorrow. I'd love to hang out with you while that bitch is not around. - Brit

I giggled as soon as I read that pen name she called her —on her back, of course. Brittany was not one to just back down when she was provoked.

I was about to text her back when my phone rang. It was her.

I connected the call, smiling at the screen. Lifting the phone to my ear, I caught Alex staring at me grimly.