━━━12

↢ ❦ ↣

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Because we're friends."

"We are?" She muttered. Watching as Camilo suddenly shape-shifted into her before back into himself. "Yeah!"

Her gaze softened at the boys choice of words, watching as he scratched the back of his own neck. Avoiding the girls gaze he kicked the sand before coughing into the crook of his elbow.

Y/N rolled her eyes and opened her arms, pulling the boy into a hug and the two stood there in silence for a few seconds. She let out a small sigh and pulled back, deciding to lighten the atmosphere by asking a question that's been on her mind for the past few minutes.

"So Isabella's Getting proposed today?" Camilo took her hand and helped her down a set of high stairs. The cat trotting at the twos side with a flat face, The Boy nodded; transform into Mariano for laughter points.

"Hopefully she does, it would be horrible if something bad happened." His eyes lit up and he turned to Y/N, she hesitated when he did so in fear they would have another fight after the last argument they just had. She couldn't do so many fights in a row before it would become exhausting.

"You should come along, maybe?" His wide smile softened up and Y/N felt something in her body shake but she shook her head again. Sadly in doing so Camilo took this as her saying she didn't want to join them for dinner.

"I'm banned from Casita either way," She chuckled, yelping with the cat suddenly plopped into her arms and started meowing. Ignoring it she turned back to Camilo who was about to respond.

"I know this may be a reach, but you could apologize?" He winced at the utter silence that the two were left in. "I mean I apologized and I fully realize I'm in the wrong, but my familia can be a little-ehh headstrong?"

"That's an understatement of the century Chameleon." She chuckled, pressing one of the latters designs on the boys Ruana. He chuckled along with her and they two were left in a not so awkward silence anymore, Y/N glanced down at the cat as it continued meowing.

"Meow." She responded, the cat gave this huge offended look before hissing. Jumping out of her arms and trotting away, she watched in confusion and Camilo gave her a grin. "Didn't know you speak cat!"

"Neither did I, hopefully I didn't cuss out its entire family in Cat meowing." She pulled out her necklace and played with it a little bit. Camilo shuffled his feet and finally said the question that kept the boy on edge the entire time.

"So about the donkeys, I have to ask, what made you want to steal one?"

"I didn't want to steal one, This man was there." They we're getting closer to the normal village the cat had strayed them away from.

"Man?" He questioned, they gained area to a crowd and Y/N had to raise her voice slightly.

"Yeah he was wearing a bucket for a head."

"I think you may be losing it," Camilo Laughed, looking at the crowd before Y/N. "Remember?" He pulled out his hand in her direction and she gave him a look before taking it.

"I think I may be rubbing off on you Chameleon."

They pulled into each other before swiftly dancing threw the crowd. Hand in hand they let out a "whoop!" As they reached the end of the crowd, letting out soft pants of laughter. The two leaned into eachother.

"More like I'm rubbing off on you, your going soft! Mi Tonta!" He chuckled and Y/N hesitated at the slight slip up before laughing along. The laughter ceased when Camilo eyes widened at the call of his Abuela, he waved goodbye to Y/N before heading over to help the elder woman with whatever task she needed.

Y/N let out a softly laughter before she rubbed her eyes, what the fuck was she feeling. She decided to head around and look for the cat again, maybe give it a name.

It was odd thinking about the logic around Encanto, magic people, this kid could talk to animals, an animal seems rather addicted to her. She chuckled as she looked around for the tortoiseshell asshole of a feline.

Her eyes started softening when she heard a weak meow, looking over she saw the cat of the hour on top of a box. Eyes round as it stared at Y/N, she walked over to it softly.

"Hey, what's round?" She scratched behind its ear and it let out a quiet purr before immediately biting her hand, hard.

"OW YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" She yelped as the cat sprang forward onto her chest. Y/N blinked and stumbled back before hitting the dust ground. Letting out a wheeze, she felt a tight force on her neck before it disappeared.

Her breathing felt like it stopped and she immediately knew she got the air taken out of her.

Sitting up Y/N blinked away the aching dust from her eyes and the growing cough in her lungs. She briefly looked around for the demon. Pausing when she noticed it purring while sitting up straight on a box, a Gold emerald crystal necklace around its mouth and Y/N reached for her neck and deflated when she couldn't find it.

"You- sneaky-" she let out a cry as the cat stood up teasingly, Y/N glared harshly before circling the cat quickly and fiercely. Leaping forward her breath hitched as she missed the creature completely. Shooting up her hand when the cat dropped the necklace and then backed away slightly.

Reaching for the necklace, the cat sprang forward and put it in its mouth again.

"Ohohoh you wanna play games huh?" She cracked her knuckles, prepared to chase this cats nine lives away and threw the roof. "Well one human can play this felines game just as good."

And just like the started the game of Cat and human, with Y/N chasing the fat creature.