Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (sanders sides one shot) Day 19

Happy Birthday, Virgil!

It was Christmas Eve and Virgil didn't know how to deal. He liked the idea of Christmas, the activities, the family, but he always got anxious, over thinking the life behind the traditions and being around large groups of people for an extended amount of time never ended well. He has been with the light sides for maybe 3 or 4 Christmas' at this point, and he didn't know what he should do.

Knowing when he would get the most anxious, he planned out when he would use the "bathroom" to avoid certain parts of the party, but the biggest one was opening his gifts. All attention was turned to him as he was expected to smile and look impressed. I mean, he was very grateful, nothing like that, but he didn't jump in excitement and that's what they looked for at the Christmas party. He didn't really know how to without it seeming forced, but if he didn't do it, the sides may think he doesn't like his gift. 

So, he smelled the pancakes from his room and knew it was time to go out, even if he didn't want to. There, he took his first step out the door and into the kitchen where they were having breakfast. He wasn't greeted by the three and given his plate. He knew mid-meal was one of the big points, so he went to the bathroom about 10 minutes into his meal. 

Soon, they went under the tree and Logan organized the gifts by size and person they would be given to, but something was very odd, there was only three piles. For Patton, Logan, and Roman. Where was his? He knew that he didn't like opening the gifts in front of the others, due to the attention, but he still appreciated them and liked receiving them. How did they even figure that out anyway? Or, do the others just not like Virgil the way he thought his family loved him just the day before? He started to loose his breath, so before the gifts even started to be opened, he ran into the bathroom in the hall to avoid the group. 

Of course, Patton noticed his frantic nature and followed him soon after to the rest room.

"Hey, kiddo?" He said through the door. "Yea-" Virgil said faintly, between breaths. "Do you want to talk?" Virgil opened the door for Patton, letting him step inside. "Was the party getting to be too much?" Virgil looked up, "Yeah, but also there was no present pile for me this year. I know Christmas isn't about presents, but-" "Come on, I have to show you something." Patton helped Virgil up and walked with him to see a stack of gifts on his dresser with a note that read. "Open in your own time".

"I knew you didn't like the attention of opening them in front of others, so we put the in your room. We thought you would have saw them before coming out to breakfast with us." Virgiled smiled wide, "Sorry, I don't think I did." They both laughed, giving each other a wide hug, as Virgil welcomed Patton to sit next to him as he opens his gifts, without the pressure it usually brings.