Big Bird's Cold Feet (sesame street one shot) Day 20

It was a crisp and cool winter's day and Bird Bird was just waking up to the bright sun illuminating the snow falling from the sky. He knew it was chilly, so he put on his hand knitted scarf, hat, and mittens and stepped out onto the pavement of his home when his foot was covered in the snow below. He yelped, as it was really cold, and landed back in his nest. Gorden, who was nearby, heard and ran towards Big Bird's place. 

"Big Bird! Are you okay?" Bird Bird tried to sit up. "Yes, Gordan, but we do have a problem." He stepped closer to the nest. "What is it, Big Bird?" BIg Bird tried to wiggle his toes. "I feel warm and cozy until I try to step out of my nest, then my toes get cold from the ground!" 

"Why don't we go down to the store to see if they have anything that you can wear." Big Bird agreed and, despite being really cold, came out of his nest to go get his feet warmer.

"Hey Big Bird! Hey Gorden! Are you guys looking for anything in particular today?" "Yes! The snow makes my feet very cold and I want to walk outside without my feet freezing. Do you have any?" The store mandator turned around looking. "Well, we do have shoes, lots of warms ones, but I don't think  any of them would be big enough to fit you." The two looked down in sadness, before Gorden looked up. 

Gorden steps forward, looking at his hat, gloves, and scarf. "Well, we can ask Susan to make you some socks or boots using her crochet, just like your big hat and gloves!" Big Bird smiled starting to bounce towards the door. "Wonderful! Hope your feet get warm!" 

The two then headed toward Gordon and Susan's house, going to the living room and putting his cold feet under a blanket before Susan came out.

"Hello boys! Nice to see you around here, Big Bird." Big Bird looked up, "Nice to see you too, Susan. But, I do have a problem. My  feet are cold walking out in the snow. I was actually wondering if you'd be able to make me shoes or socks like you made me my hat and gloves?"

Susan looked down at him. "Of course! Let me just go get my measuring tape so I can make sure that they fit you feet, and I'll be right on it!" Big Bird stayed at Gordon and Susan's place for the night so that he didn't have to walk back in the snow and the next morning, Big Bird was given his new booties the next day.

"Thank you so much, Susan and Gordon. These are really comfy and warm!" Susan giggled "You're very welcome, Big Bird. Remember to stay warm!" Big Bird headed towards the apartment door, excited to wear his new boots out in the world and show all of his friends just how amazing they are.