Chapter 211: A look into Heaven, why Azrael doesn't like to wear the mask?

Meanwhile...

Heaven was in a state of pandemonium now. It's been a growing storm since the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 first started. The Archangel's, Jesus, and God were in the All Seeing Eye room. Uriel was sitting beside Raguel and the seating went in order of their individual creations. All save for Michael who was sitting close to their Father.

*Smack*

God immediately turned to Michael who smacked his forehead against the oval table.

Michael groaned after remembering that since late Spring their little brother Lucifer has been practically oblivious to the growing sickness that's now turned into a global pandemic

"How is he still the King of Hell?"

Raziel sighed as he pushed his glasses back up onto the bridge of his nose. "I believe Lilith is the one who wears the pants in that particular facet of their relationship little brother."

For once Azrael was silent. It was unnerving considering he normally would've cracked a joke of his own. Raziel for once said nothing as he fidgeted in his seat in silent concern over his brother. Raguel grumbled. "Raphael's being running himself ragged down there. He's as bad as Gabriel but without the excessive coffee consumption!"

Gabriel scoffed in offense. "Hey! I'm getting better!"

Michael lifted his head up from the table and surprisingly it was Micah who was the one speaking through him. "How many hours of sleep have you had in the past few weeks and how many cups of coffee have you drank in one day little brother?"

Gabriel opened his mouth, closed it with a pout, and grumbled without answering.

Azrael has been silent about the pandemonium going on within Creation since the moment he returned from his last trip into Hell. He was so unnaturally silent it was like he wasn't even there. In fact, he's usually not. Given his job description he's having to vanish every ten minutes or more to go and reap a few more souls for Heaven or Hell due to murder, suicide, other health issues not related to COVID and those actually related to COVID. He'd vanish before returning to his spot between Raziel and Jophiel with that same empty look in his golden eyes. Apparently he's limited his visitations to the Teahouse recently so his mood has taken a concerning nosedive.

Of course they know why...Aciano's "situation" and having to keep it secret from Miruku and Rasim, but recently they could pinpoint it back to the meeting debrief of Leonidas and Farouk that ultimately lead to Lucifer spilling the beans about Aciano's—predicament.

It's weighted heavily upon Azrael's heart and mind and now with the pandemic more and more souls are being reaped and sent to Heaven or Hell, and those majority sent to Dread Keep leave their marks upon Azrael's mind. Jophiel was deeply concerned about that. With Raphael being to busy trying to aid humanity in creating the appropriate healthcare protocols...the job as Heaven's chief enforcer for angelic healthcare was left to Uriel, herself, and to their Father.