Chapter 342: I. Am. DEATH!

Unforgiven: By Ghost Nation
————————————————

Azrael whistled a chilling tune as he appeared out of the shadows with twin sickles spinning within his hands. The blades sharpened with each metallic *shing* of metal on metal as he slowly ascended the stairs to begin his culling.

Moriarty's cleaning the kitchen single-handedly and knowing Azrael's speed in soul reaping he'll be more than a third of the way done before making his actions known to the Imp.

He created a sound barrier around the inn and got to work.

The thing about Azrael is that he may be an Archangel of Heaven bound by holy righteousness, but it's that same righteousness that makes him so terrifying

He is the Archangel of Death after all

He is the Archangel of Death after all. And yes while Raguel is the Archangel of Justice, it's Azrael who's the one to ring the death bell for Heaven and Hell bound souls.

It's something humans can never escape from. Every mortal being that is born into the world of the living has to face him eventually, but not everyone is ready for him when that time comes.

Many are scared of death. Some are caught unaware. Some even decide to prepare to face him. Then there are those who try to cheat death and those who hunt for immortality through delusional fantasies.

Many try, but it's all futile. There's no escaping the clutches of the one who has been there from life's first cry to final breath.

His most feared form...is seldom seen...even amongst his own kin.

It is a form reserved only for times of great upheaval.

The destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gamora, and the destruction of Jerusalem for example are just two instances where this form has made an appearance.

It's also used for the worst of the worst of Hell bound sinners, or whenever Azrael wants to teach a truly terrifying lesson of not scoffing at the face of Death when he comes to collect your miserable little soul.