Chapter 319: Hide now. Run now. To late, the Beast has found you!

Fiddlesticks, The Harbinger of Doom: by League of Legends
————————————————

The swamp was calm, the winds were still and silent as a foreboding feeling of dread weighed down upon them the deeper they traveled. The heavy stench of stagnant water and rot lingers in the air and helped to set the unsettling feelings within their demonic bones.

Then—for a dose of dramatics, Abigail lifted her voice and sang. What surprised many in the audience was when Josephine threw her voice to sound like a young child.

It would've been impressive if not for the haunting words they sang.

Even Michael was put on edge over those words.

The crows weren't making a sound despite the fact he knew they were out there...watching them from above the trees.

Waiting for them to panic once the Beast hunts them down.

Michael kept his eyes open as they slowly traveled along the watery pathways towards the swamps epicenter where Azrael is waiting for Micah and him to arrive so he can deliver his version of judgment upon them.

The creaking of Michael's lantern was enough to get many in the audience shuddering in fearful hesitation.

Slowly Michael handed his lantern to Vaggie, "Take it and set it down where it won't be likely to fall and create anymore noise

Slowly Michael handed his lantern to Vaggie, "Take it and set it down where it won't be likely to fall and create anymore noise." He said that without looking at her and extinguished the flame with a casual wave of his hand.

He was looking out towards the weeping willow trees currently blocking their path. He crouched low and he crept along the water on all fours like an animal.

Slowly, cautiously, without making a sound against the water he moved the branches out of his way and tied them together at the ends. He then sat up in the tree before he motioned for them to be silent and to hunker down within their boats as they moved underneath the branches.

As they moved beyond the weeping willow trees the song changed as the crows started to make themselves known with their haunting calls

The deeper they went the more they all noticed the destruction of the trees. It's as though something large crashed through them. They saw the blood that painted the trees and the bones of the dead scattered around them. (All of which is an illusion, except for the damaged trees.)