Chapter 296: "For a friend...It was a song for a friend."

Short chapter but it's for a reason...that reason being the fact Wattpad allows only 20 images per chapter. 😤😠
————————————————————

Miruku walked up to the statues of Johnathan and Amaryllis Grace with a quiet reverence and gentle touch along the name plate commemorating them for their achievements and importance to the rest of Hell. She smiled softly when she heard the metal creaking and looked up at the compassionate gazes of her old friends casted in bronze.

"I feel your spirits. I believe your daughter is right in her assumptions of those who have left us in the second death don't automatically leave us. For where else could they go besides linger on to watch over our lives? I know others will see me as foolish to say this to a pair of statues but...Arigato. I promise, I'm going to be fine. Marriage isn't without a few headaches. Rasim and I just need a moment apart...don't worry."

She smiled softly as the statue of Johnathan crossed his arm in a state of kindhearted disbelief while the statue of Amaryllis placed a hand on his shoulder. The action was so reminiscent of the past it solidified Miruku's beliefs regarding the souls of her friends.

"I'm okay really. I promise I'll bring him here soon so you can scowl at him all you want Johnathan...rest easy now."

Her word's pacified the statues as they returned to their original positions. Once again Miruku was reminded of the deep sorcery that's embedded into these statues...but given the interactions she's had with them personally she's a firm believer in Josephine's views.

Call it wishful thinking but she's more adamant to believe that their souls have bonded with those statues.

The familiarity behind their movements and their reactions to conversations screams of an intelligence that not even the strongest of sorcery could bestow. No matter how strong Lilith is, the fact they're intelligent enough to see her body posture and try to comfort her is a strong enough reason for her to argue against any other wild brained theory that's out there!

She walked silently through the Grace Park humming a song to herself with a saddened gaze as she lingered on the fact her husband has yet to seek her out. Despite their need for separation it's now waning into the late evening hours and the fact he's yet to seek her out is concerning...

*He must be really furious with me...but what else is there to say? It-It doesn't bother me anymore. It was so long ago.*

"Auntie Miruku?"

Miruku turned around when she heard a familiar voice. "Octavia?"

"Are you okay?"

Miruku sighed. "No...remember when I taught you how to fight all those years ago?"

"Yeah I remember getting kicked in the tail feathers more times than I could count...what's that got to do with...?" She saw the look in Miruku's eyes and, "Oh, so you and the Emo Raven finally told the others about your killer close combat skills."

Miruku sighed and nodded.

"Anddddd I take it the husband didn't react well to the reasons behind said training?"