Chapter 312: Josephine, the Voudon Queen of Al' Hallow's Eve

And so it Begins: by Klergy
——————————————————

"Mhmmmum Mhmmmum..."

Dusk already set on the horizon as haunting humming filled the night.

"Mhmmmum Mhmmmum..."

A crowd of demons were seated within the boats lining the shore of the swampland.

"You've been waiting
Looking off into the night..."

A sudden fog appeared out of thin air as unseen instruments were playing on their own via shadow sorcery as the haunting voice of Josephine Williams entered into their ears.

"Search the horizon
Watching out for smoke and fire..."

The crowd parted as Josephine confidently walked towards the lead boat that would hold her closest companions.

"You knewthisday would come..."

She was holding her microphone out towards the swampland with a silent command. The boat's obeyed and moved along the still waters without the use of any oars.

"Youaren't the only one..."

Josephine sung the haunting chorus as she maneuvered the microphone like how a sail-boat steers in rough water.

"And so itbegins
And so it begins..."

The moment they entered the swamp closed off the entrance and the swamp itself started to enclose around them...

"Standing on the edge
Taking one last breath..."

A dark foreboding presence was threatening to overtake them.

"Feel the pull of gravity down in the depths..."

Josephine could feel the sudden fearful apprehension of those around her.

"You knew this day would come..."

Her little Clementine was whimpering within her daddies arms deeper within the swamp while the Goat Twins were hugging onto their daddy when the air turned colder as an haunted feeling settled within their very souls.

"And you aren't the only one..."

Josephine closed her eyes, placed both hands upon her microphone and...

"And so it begins!"

She opens her eyes and they glowed a radiant crimson as she raises her microphone and repelled the attacking tree roots with powerful blast of Voudon sorcery.

"And so it begins!"

She wasn't acknowledging anyone as she was maneuvering the microphone around like a sorcerer in a fantasy novel.

"And so it, and so it begins!"

She casts the swampland away from the boats and wordlessly beckons the vessels onward as her own unease settles within her bones when Kalfu (in an unusual act of kindness) actually warns her about Azrael's plans when the ever growing unease surrounding them slowly faded into the background.

She opens her eyes and sings as she pinpointed where the other performers were stationed...

"You knew this day would come..."

She connected with her husband's soul and he shared her concerns regarding Azrael's rather unsettled temperament.

"You aren't the only one..."