Chapter 369: "Raphael's Unhinged...Run." - Azrael Archangel of Death

Heal: by Tom Odell
—————————————————

Azrael was sitting on the edge of the roof to the Library of Heaven. Sitting with his head tilted upwards ever so slightly as his body soaks in the sun like a sponge. His eyes are closed as he tries to quiet his mind.

He's meditating, something he's struggled with all his angelic life.

Especially given his job description and the literal pain it causes him to endure.

Every life thread that's severed he'd flinch over and mutter to himself as he dutifully sent either his scythe, plague spear, or sickles around the globe to reap the souls for Jophiel to guide them into Heaven.

The Hell bound souls would be getting a rather toothy greeting from Raz and Daz today.

Why wasn't he facing the Hell bound souls himself is quiet simple...

He was waiting...patiently waiting for a single thread to be cut down in Creation.

*SNAP*

Show time.

His eyes open and he immediately stands and turns around to face Raziel who has been keeping him company.

Raziel stared him down with tired eyes and spoke to him with an emotionless tone.

"Do what you must little brother."

Azrael blinks. "Razzy, you feeling alright? The last time you had eye bags this bad was right after the Tower of Ba-,"

"I'll be fine Azrael. Go. You know he'll be furious with you if he finds out you're delaying his form of angelic justice by speaking to me."

"Huh. Fine, but we're going to address those eye bags once I get back Razzy. No getting out of it. I know somethings up with you."

Raziel rolled his eyes and waved him off. With a witty salute Azrael vanished and headed into Creation to get Raphael to join him for a good old fashioned soul reaping!

He arrived at the hospital Raphael was going undercover in and sat on a tree branch to watch.

Raphael slowly turned his head to stare out the window and locked eyes with Azrael. He was gone seconds later. Azrael glowered.

"Oh no you don't."

He shimmered out of sight and headed to the monastery of white lilies that Raphael adores.

He arrived and immediately sent his thinnest soul chains to trap his big brother.

"Raphael!"