Chapter 330: Raphael's panic attack, Uriel's guilt, & LuLu's comfort to Zaz

Break Your Fall: by UNSECRET (feat. Marco Scibilia)

Me: Imagines Raziel singing this to Raphael *chiefs kiss* perfecto.
———————————————

Jophiel was currently crying in her bedroom with Gabriel holding her while rubbing his hand against her back in soothing circular motions.

Gabriel was pale faced and his mind was boardering on dissociation when the creaking sound of Jophiel's bedroom door jolted the two from their trance.

Their heads snapped up to watch Raphael emerge from the hallway. Raphael startled at the immediate attention he received, it's almost as though he'd forgotten where he was. He looked like a deer in headlights as he blinked at them, pushing some of his hair that had come loose back behind his ear.

Raphael closed his eyes and swallowed hard as his smile was wavering when he spoke. 

"Az-Azrael's okay. I, um...Micah and Michael got through to him. That's all Jesus told me since I was kicked out of the All Seeing Eye Room by Uriel. As...as were the rest of you it would seem."

Gabriel lowered his head and nodded without saying a word. His eyes returned to being empty and lost. It took Jophiel a moment to process what was said but once she did Raphael watched as she promptly burst into tears again.

The light in Gabriel's eyes returned for a brief moment as he sighed and hugged Jophiel.

Raphael opened his mouth to say something but Gabriel spoke with a blunt tone.

"Give her some room to process. At least for a few minutes please. Until I know she'll sleep through the night without crying..."

"I..."

"She Needs Her Space Raphael." Gabriel shouted angrily only to gasp when he realized how he sounded towards his elder brother. He clenched his eyes shut as he abruptly turned away. "And so do I."

Raphael tried to not show how much that dismissal hurt him. He bit his lower lip and nodded.

His eyes blurred with tears when Gabriel's eyes clouded over as he slowly looked at him before he continued absentmindedly rubbing circles against his little sisters back.

As Raphael made a beeline for the door, he took extra care to close it softly. As he walked through the silent halls of the Ivory Palace before making it outside his mind was remembering where the rest of his siblings were.

Jesus and Uriel were still inside the All Seeing Eye room. Jophiel and Gabriel were both sitting on Jophiel's bed, tear-tracks staining their faces. Raguel's curled up in Father's lap...de-aged...and crying worse off than Jophiel. Raziel?

Wait, where was Raziel?

Crossing onto the stone pavement outside the door of the Healer's Ward, he wracked his brain.

Raziel had been there when he had the door closed on him by Uriel hadn't he?

Had Raziel left to grieve alone and silently blame himself for everything like the rest of their Archangel siblings are currently doing—when they should really be blaming him. He was the Healer after all. The blame lays on his negligence.

This is too much.

It's too much.

His heads spinning, as blurry spots dot around his eyes. He was forced to lean his back against the wall before he slowly sunk down into a seated position with his knees pressing up against his chest. He raked his nails overtop of his kneecaps as his breathing picked up in an erratic manner.