Chapter 223: A Heavenly Messenger, and it's not Gabriel this time.

Mariya watched as the images in the Light Orb changed.
——————————————————————

Archangel Azrael arrived at the kingdom city of Farouk's old homeland. He silently stared up at the young Sultan's palace with a sadden gaze as a gentle breeze blew against him.

He was dressed in a black Arabian outfit with gold embroidery and extra thick black leather gloves. He also has a gold head wrapping tied up into a sloppy bow that's adorned with a few raven feathers for his own aesthetic appeal.

The most peculiar aspect of his appearance was the two ravens perched on his shoulders

The most peculiar aspect of his appearance was the two ravens perched on his shoulders. He drew many curious eyes from the citizens and ultimately turned a few heads over the cold chills they all got after passing him as he walked down the streets.

He silently walked up to the palace gates with a purpose in his stride. His eyes were closed and his hands were poised behind his back in a regal manner as he walked without even tripping over his own two feet. Much to the astonishment of any onlookers.

Most just questioned if he was blind?

Azrael stopped his evenly paced walking a good sixty seconds before the head-guard even had the chance to command him to halt.

He simply stood there before the closed palace gates...and waited.

To the guards it appeared that he was just acting as though he expected them to just open the gates for him.

They waited to see if he would move on but his lingering pressure ultimately rallied the guards to act with caution. Azrael was surrounded by the suspicious guardsmen, only the head-guard had his saber drawn in a cautious manner over Azrael's bold approach.

"State your purpose for approaching the Palace Gates young traveler."

Azrael's eyes remained closed as he slowly clasped his hands together in front of him this time and smiled a serene smile. His angelic brethren would all say that he mimicked Raphael perfectly to the point it was terrifying!

The moment he opened his eyes the guards gasped in amazement over the beautiful golden honey coloration. They were left with a sudden conflicted hesitation over the striking intensity of his eyes.

His gaze was razor-sharp and hyper-focused on the head-guard standing in front of him, but unbeknownst to the men surrounding him is the fact he's also fully aware of everything that's going around him thanks to Raz and Daz as they both remained perched on his shoulders.

He channeled his powers and similar to how one would feel staring into Raziel's eyes the guards were left all with the subconscious feeling that he held a vast wisdom they couldn't even hope to comprehend within their entire lifespans combined. His body posture held a regal determination and calming presence that mirrored Raguel and Uriel while they're both in the midst of teaching their younger siblings.