Chapter 6: Red sun.

Tanjiros Pov.

As I got in the van, Zenitsu greeted me with him throwing my gear at me. The sun just setted so the demon is probably out on the hunt. He points out as I was quickly got dressed. Good, if we can find it's hideout I can strike when it returns and get info out of him. I explained my plan as I took out my mask. This would be my very first encounter with a twelve demon moon. And even though I'm strong, those types of demons have the power to take down a hashira, so that means I can't take it easy. If worst comes to worst I have to fight them til sun rise.

*fwoosh* bumpbumpbumpbump*........*bump*

But when I was getting ready, I imedietly turned cold and yelled out. TURN AROUND!! Zenitsu hits the brakes I'm a panick as he turns to me Wait what-GO BACK to XX-STREET QUICKLY. I demanded as Zenitsu turns the van around and hits the gas.

A few moments later
.
.
.
.
.

When I arrived at the small block, I imeidtiatly took off my mask and try to find a scent. That's when I found Kanao's scent in the mist. Kanao is in there! I yelled out as Zenitsu grew curios. Whats up with you man? He asked as I jumped out the car. Zenitsu, make sure you have that wisteria charm near you and get out of here. I demanded as I turned to him. Kanao isn't in there alone, I smell the blood of so many innocent lives that were devoured by a twelve demon moon. I explained as Zenitsu grew wide eyed and I started to bolt inside with my mask on.

No one's Pov.

As Tanjiro was trying to use his sense of smell thru the filters of the mask, his asthma was slowly kicking in as he leaned against the car door. Dam *huff*huff* I need to hurry. He says to himself as he shakes and inhales the air provided by the inhaler. But when he catches his breath, he ended up inhaling the mist as his eyes lightened up a bit. *cough*cough*. The mist was now starting to affect him as Tanjiro dropped his mask in the process if his cough. Shit where did it go? Tanjiro asked himself while something was seen moving behind Tanjiro. The tension then builds up as we see Tanjiros fingers moving near his sword.
.
.
.
.
*CLASH*

And ends up clashing his blade against a man with the red fox mask that he was wearing. what the hell, who are you? Tanjiro demanded from his masked assailant as the two started to fight one another. While leaving Tanjiro completely confused as he blocks, ducks and weaves the attacks as he then starts to go on the offensive. Meanwhile Kanao was seen fighting off against something with a pipe as it dissapers in the mist. How did I end up in this mess,I know it's an illusion but it really does seem like im fighting someone. Kanao says to herself as she senses an attack.

*clash!*

And succesfully blocks it without even turning around as Kanao was holding the pipe behind her in a firm block position. *Grip*fwoosh*. She would then grab her attacker by the arm and throw them over her shoulder as we see who Kanao's assailant. And to our shock the assailant is
.
.
.
.
Kanao.

But it wasn't our Kanao, infact our Kanao was confused. To her it was like looking at a reflection. But it seems to be a bit off as the blade was black with a red pattern. *crackle*. The illusion then starts to walk foward as the sword sparks off the ground. Bring it on lady, I'm not afraid to kick my own ass. Kanao says as she spins her pipe around while staying light on her toes.