Chapter 15: Cat and Fox

No one's Pov

Three days went by sense the Night hunters have returned from there mission and things aren't looking so well for Kanao. It wasn't for her lack of effort in the mission, She handled the lecture from everyone very well. But there was something bothering her. It wasn't the fact that she left her original mission, but it does involve a certain Ronin. How she put so much faith into someone and they ended up screwing it up.

That is why she is taking the building rooftops to school instead of getting dropped off by her already disappointed sisters. But what Kanao wouldn't realize was that she is going to end up meeting someone who is dealing with the same issues.

And that person is no other then our favorite sociopathic red headed cinnamon roll...Tanjiro...I'm talking about Tanjiro.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Tanjiros Pov.

As I walked to school on my own. I noticed Zenitsu from the distance as he was keeping his head foward. I knew he could hear me, just like how I knew he will ignore me. So I decided to take a different route thru the buildings rooftops as I ended up sneaking into the back of the school over the 14ft gates as I would run up the side of the wall and side flip to the other side.

THUMP/THUMP.
.
.
.

Hmm?/hmm?

I looked to my side to see Kanao-san. Who seemed like she was running. But there were no door ways on these gates so I assume she jumped over as well. Uhh Kanao-san, did you jump over the 14ft gate? I asked as she raises a brow. Tanjiro-san, did you just run up the side of the building and commuted a 360 side flip while sticking a perfect landing? She asked as I can only stare at her with a blank face.

The silence then grew as she looked at me with a dotted face. Uhhhh....nooooo. I lied as she nods. Then no to your question aswell. Kanao answers back as she went to the racks to lock up her skateboard. Dam, I didn't realize how early it is. I pointed out as I Kanao looks at her phone. Yeah your right, I didn't count on being this early. Kanao says as she walks up to me. What do you think we should do, head to class? She asks as I shrugged a bit.

To be honest, I kinda want to take the opportunity to talk a bit more to Kanao. So I suggested something. How about we go to that library I mentioned. There's this series I think you might be intrested in. I suggested as Kanao raises a brow. What is it called, and what is it about? Kanao asks as we started to walk. It's called the hell flame warrior. It's about a foriegner in Japan with fire. I said as I was explaining the details.

(A/N: I feel like I've read this book before?)
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kanao: Wahhhh, how sad~.

Kanao says as I was reading volume 56 of hell flame warrior. She's on volume four. I feel sympathy for the main charecter, the people in the organization his love interest works at just ended up being corrupt and was trying to make money. Kanao says as I nodded. Yeah, unfortunately for the main character the author is torturing him for kicks. I joked as Kanao seems frustrated. That's so messed up, thank god that doesn't happen much in the real world. Kanao says as I felt a bit offended.

But then she changed my mind as she went on to say this. I mean, it does, but at least there are someone to take care of us. Like a senpai or even a role model we look up to. But this guy got no one. Kanao says as I remember Wan-san. But man I get this character, he isn't the only way that felt betrayed by someone. She says as I was a bit curious from what she meant.

I didn't want to butt in her buissness, but an understatement would be nice. What do you mean, you ever felt betrayed? I asked as she gave me a sigh. To be honest, yeah, recently there was someone that I thought was good. But it didn't end so well. Kanao says as I can smell the sadness from her. But when I tried to help with uhh...to yo..uhh. She was having trouble saying the words as I was left hanging. What were you trying to help Him with? I asked as Kanao was sweating.