Chapter 29: Arcade date

A/N: Did you miss me....no ok.

Anywho, someone in one of my past chapters asked. "What's school life gonna be like for our heroes?". Well I'm glad you asked, let's dive into some romance shall we. That's why you are all here no.

To watch a bunch of high schoolers date...you sick mother fuc- Oh what I'm kidding I'm anxious to. LETS GOOO

No one's Pov

"You are as beautiful as the day we met, You have no idea how happy I am to see you again."

"I will Survive my next life if it means I'll find you."

"I refuse to play the naive game any longer, I'll protect you no matter the cost."

Kanao's Pov.

What are the emotions of an individual. Why doesn't that girl smile? I remembered this moment, it was when the Kocho's enrolled me to the Demon Slayers child daycare center a month after picking me off the streets. Well actually in reality, this was more like an orphanage than anything. Most of these kids lost families due to Demons and aren't able to take care of themselves. Rather a Hashira takes them in or the Core will find a suitable foster family.

But my case was different, I was taken away from a broken household. I never knew my mother or father's love, all I knew was that I was beaten badly to the point my left eye would be fuzzy. My siblings rather ran away, died from the lack of food, or couldn't take the suffering of the world.

The Kocho's saved me, a Demon caused a house fire and it ended up killing my parents. They dropped me off at the daycare when things were getting tough. HAND OVER THE GRUEL BRAT IM HUNGRY. A small flashback of a fat teenager trying to steal my food. I let him have it, I never cared much for it anyway. Move it *shove*. Everything then stopped when he shoved me. As only one word triggered everything.

"Survive"

I only existed for one thing, to survive, and that is the only thing on my mind. *BAM*. So that's why when I punched that bully, I made sure the rest of these kids knew not to mess with me. Instincts took over, as Id lay out my tiny knuckles on this big bully. Kanao-Chan. I blankly turn towards Kanae Nee-San who smiles. I know he was rude, but maybe you should go easy on him. Kanae Nee-San says while gently holding my hand.

The flashback then ends with me walking to school. Hmm, Maybe I should do a little social experiment. I said to myself as I came to an idea. For today, I shall learn how to act around a close friend. I announced to myself as I had a few ideas of who to start with. I can't do Aoi since we were basically raised like sisters, soooooooo. I looked through my contacts in alphabetical order until I find him. Huh, he isn't here. I said to myself as I tried to think. Well, I never actually see him use a phone before. God what a boomer. I said to myself while thinking of his stupid emo looking face.

*ba-bunp*ba-bump*.

This feeling in my chest is back again. It has been awhile since this feeling was in my chest. But this time it's different, because this time it felt closer. I turned around to see a type of black must with pink eyes as it would speak in a twisted voice.