Chapter Seventeen: Quinceañero

*************************This weekend is Carlos' birthday, so Seb and I gathered the drama club into the barn, to discuss our plan

This weekend is Carlos' birthday, so Seb and I gathered the drama club into the barn, to discuss our plan.

"Why do I hear sheep, but don't see sheep?" Ashlyn panics, taking shelter behind her boyfriend.

"Oh, that's Jimmy. He has social anxiety." Seb informs.

"Well, I'm team Jimmy." Kourtney protests, "I don't camp, I don't glamp, I don't even sleep without a silk pillowcase."

We all laugh together, then a sheep bleats, and EJ lets out a high-pitched scream that makes us all turn to look at him in confusion. He looks around awkwardly in embarrassment.

"Listen," Ricky starts, "I'm sure Seb has a good reason for bringing us to his barn so late, on a school night."

I roll my eyes, "Wild child, it's one minute past your bedtime, you'll live."

He glares, "I wasn't even talking to you, Sweeney."

"Seb and I gathered everybody here, Bowen." I correct, "You left me out because you're petty-"

"Okay!" Seb blurts, earning the attention of the now uncomfortable crowd.

I clear my throat, "Whatever. So, you're all here tonight, because Seb and I came up with a plan to give Carlos the quinceañero that he always wanted, but never got." I conclude, sharing a smile with the blond.

"That's an amazing idea." Gina admires, "Even though him and I have a lot of differences, he's one of the good guys."

"I'm in!" Ashlyn beams.

The drama club and I have a moment of freaking out in excitement, then Ricky puts his hand out, "For Carlos."

"For Carlos!" We all pledge, putting our hands in, before cheering.

****************************************************