Chapter 23

A/N:

Hey guys it's time for the April update! I'll probably update at least one more time for the month so I'll be updating twice this month hopefully. Okay so I'm really excited that we've made it to 91.9k reads. When we get to 100k reads I'm thinking of making a new trailer for the story so spread this around to all your friends. I'm gonna make it myself and it would be really helpful if you guys would message me clips that you'd like me to use of any of the characters. Also don't forget to follow me on twitter guys @coldheartedhood so enjoy the story!

-Nessa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept my head down as I headed towards the boardwalk, tears were just streaming down my face and I couldn't stop them from coming. I just wanted to leave this place not just the beach but California, I don't know if I can stay here with my dad anymore it would be better for me to just leave so that Sam and Kian just forget about me or just go to live with my mom this summer and hopefully when I come back for school everything will be better.

I got to the boardwalk making my way up to it I didn't know where to go or how I'd get home because I was not walking all the way home from here. I couldn't call Sam or Kian to come get me since they're both mad at me. I don't even know if I can call my dad since he's probably mad at me too that's when the idea popped into my head of calling Ava. I quickly called her phone and waited for her to answer, wiping the tears from my eyes.

After about two rings Ava had finally answered. "Hello?" she asked.

"Hey Ava it's me, are you busy right now?"

"No I'm not busy, why?"

"I just really need you right now.."

"Okay, are you at home right now or somewhere else?"

"I'm at the boardwalk.. Can you come pick me up please?"

"Yes of course Skye, I'll be there soon just don't leave." Ava said before hanging up the phone.

I just stood by the beginning of the boardwalk waiting for Ava to come and get me, I just felt so awkward by myself in such a large group of people. Silently tears flowed down my cheeks so I kept my head down so that nobody random would ask me what's wrong because I really didn't want to tell strangers about my problems. Thankfully though Ava doesn't live far away so I only had to wait about five minutes she pulled up in her car, I got into the car quickly buckling up before she started driving again.

"Thank you for picking me up Ava," I said wiping my eyes again forcing a small smile.

"No problem Skye, you know that I'm always here for you." she sad with a frown. "So what happened?" she asked me.

"Well first I came to the beach with Sam but it seemed like he didn't want me with him when we went swimming so I went back to our stuff. That's when I saw that Kian called me so I called him back since Kian isn't really the one to call me unless it's something really important. Turns out Kian wants to know what's going on with me and Sam he even said that Sam doesn't deserve me..."

"Why would Kian say that it's your choice not his."

"I know that's what I'm saying!"

"Then Sam starts pushing me for an answer on who I was talking to I got up to leave because he wouldn't stop and he grabbed by wrist.. It hurt a lot Ava he's never done that before and he told me to walk home.. My stuff is at his house Ava I don't want to go back in there to get it because what if he only becomes more mad?" I say biting my lip.

"We can stop by his house if you want I can go in and get your stuff, then we'll just go to my house and have a slumber party," Ava said with a smile glancing over at me.

"This is why you're my best friend Ava, you know how to fix everything," I said but I felt a little bad because of the neglect I've been giving her to hang out with Sam and Kian. I felt bad for leaving a bit out of the story like the part when Kian told me he's loves me... I don't know how to tell her that I mean I don't even know how I feel myself? Can I feel love towards him? Sure I do as a brother but I don't know if over this summer so far if I've been falling for both of them like they've been falling for me.