Chapter 2

Sam laughs too with me "I thought you would be heavier!" He said with a chuckle. I pretend to act hurt and look up at him "Is that a fat joke?!" I snap at him jokingly. His eyes widen and shakes his head "No, nope that's not a fat joke." He says. I look over at Kian who is laughing at us, I splash him and he splashes me back hitting both me and Sam. Sam drops me in the water "It's on!" He yells at Kian and before you know it a splash war starts. About an hour passes I'm sitting on my towel next to our stuff the boys still in the water having their water fight, I'm just reading the book the Hunger Games it only being my one hundredth time reading the book and even the series.

When a shadow blocks the light from hitting me and even my book, I look up to see what is blocking the sun and see an unfamiliar guy standing infront of me. He has blonde hair that is straight and medium length, his skin is really tan he also has abs and he's about six foot. I smiles shyly not really good at talking to new people when I'm not with my friends "Hi, umm can you please move you're blocking my sunlight." I say with a sort of bitchy tone not really trying to be though. The guy just sits down in front of me, sticking his hand out to me, "Hi and sorry bout that I'm Jay." He says with a cheeky half smile. I shake his hand sort of iffy, "I'm Skylar..." I say biting my bottom lip getting nervous.

I look up at I see movement behind him and I see that it's Kian and Sam I sigh in relief as they come and sit on both sides of me. Jay just stares at Kian and Sam, I bite down on my lip harder "Kian, Sam this is ummm..." I say nervously not being able to remember his name Jay just fills it in, "I'm Jay." He says with a slight wave. Sam nods and Kian just stares at Jay, "Why are you talking to her?" Kian asks being a total jerk, Jay's eyes widen putting his hands up in surrender "I just thought that a beautiful girl would might want to go get some coffee or something later." Jay says as he looks down at the sand. "Well she doesn't want to go get coffee or anything later okay?" Kian snaps at Jay. My eyes widen and I punch Kian's arm, biting my lip, Jay gets up slowly "Sorry for asking?" he says a bit confused and hurt. I look up at him, "Jay I would like to get coffee or something sometime actually." I smirk at Kian, I grab my bag and get a marker out of my bag standing up, "I'll give you my number." I smile shyly as I say that.

Jay smiles and gives me his hand and I write my number down on the palm of his hand and smile, as Jay walks away and I sit back down between Kian and Sam. I look over at Kian "What the hell, why were you trying to make decisions for me?" I snap at Kian, I can just tell that Sam is just staring at us, Sam just stands up and heads back to the water. Kian bites his upper lip and looks at me, "That "Jay" guy isn't right for you, I don't approve of him." says Kian being a total jerk, My mouth literally falls open, "Your not my brother or anything so why do you care? I'm suppose to learn from my mistakes so don't try and think that you can prevent me from going out on this "date" with him!" I yell just being pissed off and I'm drawing attention from other people, I start getting quietier getting close to his face "I'm going home and come see me when you're ready to tell me the damn truth about why you are being a jerk." I stand up and pull my shirt over my bikini top and grab my backpack, putting my towel and book in it and close it grabbing my skateboard and walk to the sidewalk, getting on my board and start riding it home.