Chapter 1: The Particle Accelerator

The big day had arrived. You still could not believe you were going to see Star Labs turn on the particle accelerator in person with your friends Barry Allen and Iris West. You could understand Barry's excitement since you were a big science nerd yourself but knew the evening would not get by without Iris poking fun at the both of you. You didn't mind though because you knew she thought you were both adorable when you and Barry talked science. 

Speaking of Barry, you were at a crime scene with Joe and the other detectives but... to no one's surprise... no Barry... again. You could try your best, but you could not exactly do your job without Barry. While you were also a crime scene analyst you were more like an assistant to Barry. To put it another way, you were a crime scene analyst in training since Barry started this job before you, you decided after seeing him do it, it might look like fun.

"CSI! CSI!" you suddenly hear Barry yell as he runs up to you guys.

The detectives did not look pleased.

"Sorry I'm late Captain Sing" Barry apologized out of breath looking to you for possible help. You shook your head apologetically. You could only help him so many times.  

"What was it this time Mr. Allen? Did you forget to set your alarm clock?"

Barry started to answer but the captain interrupted him.

"Before you answer, need I remind you your excuse last time was car trouble. You wanna know why that one was particularly memorable?"

"I do not own a car." Barry answered him looking down. You face palmed.

This time Joe decided to help him out. "He was running an errand for me. Barry did you get what I asked for?"

"Yeah, yeah I did, I have it right here" he stammered out shuffling around in his coat pocket before taking out a partially eaten chocolate bar. Joe gave him a look like seriously?

"I had a few bites...." Barry continued to babble on not helping his case.

Joe took the candy bar out of Barry's hands and gave him a look that said you better you get your butt over there.

You squatted down with Barry as you both put your gloves on to do your analysis of the scene. You swore every time you watched Barry analyze you could see all the calculations like during those scenes in Sherlock.

"Getaway car is a Mustang Shelby GT 500. Shellby's have a rear super wide tire specific to that model, 12 inches with an asymmetrical tread...." you listened to Barry rattle off the specifics while looking at the tracks which you were still trying to learn.

At that moment you noticed a discoloration in the tracks. "There's something else" you point out.

Barry grabbed a pen off one of the officers and used the end of it to take a sample. He sniffed it.

"Fecal excrement, animal I guess, good eye y/n." 

"Thank you" you replied proudly realizing you were getting the hang of things.

"My dad gave me that pen... before he died." The detective Barry took the pen from looked at him. 

"Sorry...." You and Barry replied in unison. Even though you weren't the one who took the pen you still felt bad.

Back at the lab you guys were processing the results of your findings from the scene when Iris walks in.

 "Okay I am ready to see the atom smasher... smashing?" She said in reference to the particle accelerator unsure of what we had planned to go see. Unfortunately....