Chapter 5: The Streaks

A few weeks had passed since you and Barry teamed up with Star Labs. Cisco made you your own suit like he promised.

"Ta-da!" Cisco exclaimed spinning it around on the table revealing it to you.

It was beautiful. Unlike Barry's whose suit was red, this one was a nice light blue color. Other than that, it pretty much was the same style as Barry's.

"Cisco this is great!" You genuinely liked it. "But I thought you said you were going to make mine better?" you half-joked.

"Yes!" He held up an index finger and pointed to the lightning bolt emblem on the chest. "Look right here!"

You got closer and looked. "You didn't," you said looking back at Cisco seriously who was still grinning. 

There was a tiny turtle embroidered onto the lightning bolt. 

"Oh, come on!" Cisco started "it's ironic and funny! A throwback to your ninja turtle mask!" You kept looking at Cisco although in truth you did find yourself smiling. 

He stepped closer to you and placed his hand on one of your shoulders and said, "It is a hero's responsibility to remember who you were before the suit."

He was right. Even if it was supposed to be a joke. You weren't sure you could ever consider yourself a hero. Yeah, you had super speed which definitely helped, but you felt like you didn't want to just rely on that. You also shouldn't make it your whole identity either. What if one day you lost that super speed? You stood there thinking for a moment.

"Uh-oh they're thinking" Cisco asked a little worried.

"Cisco, how about we put that ninja turtle thing to use?"

"Great idea!....I'm sorry what do you mean by that?" he asked wanting to be supportive but confused.

"I mean, how about I actually learn to be a ninja.... like I could learn karate and all that stuff. That way I wouldn't just have to rely on my speed" You explained getting excited.

 "That is a good idea!" he said getting excited as well "I'll clear you a room and Cisco-fy it! Don't worry if its Cisco-fied it'll be amazing!"

"What the hell, why not?" You and Cisco high-fived.

***********************************************************************************************

On top of ninja training, you were also learning more about your powers every day. After you both started to pass out at random times you learned your glucose levels were not the same as an average person. 

"Were gonna need to fashion you a new diet based on your metabolic changes" Caitlyn informed you guys.

"I've done a few calculations you need to consume an amount roughly to 850 tacos unless we're talking cheese and guac which is like a whole other set of equations" Cisco did the math.

"So, I basically get to eat as much as I want?" You said thinking about it. "I thought running super-fast was a cool power, but it turns out getting to stuff myself was the cool power all along." 

Eating the right amount wasn't the only challenge. Joe did not like that you guys had teamed up with Star Labs. However, after Dr. Wells talked with him, he began to realize maybe the police couldn't take down the metahumans. Especially when there were so many variables with each one. But that didn't mean he didn't try to help out when he could. Especially since he was a detective, he couldn't help but be in the know. He also made it one of his missions to help Barry get his dad out of jail and find the person responsible for killing his mom. You were happy for Barry that he now had a direction to go in and had Joe on his side.