Chapter 11: A New Timeline

It was another day in Central City. Despite the unusual and uncertain turn of events your life had taken in the past year, you were beginning to love it. On this particular night your friends Barry and Iris each had dates, so you decided to stay at Star Labs and have a movie night with Cisco and Dr. wells. They had put on an old-timey movie titled Keaton and a Monkey versus the Tongs.

The slapstick comedy was proving to be very funny as you guys laughed and enjoyed yourselves. Stuffing your faces with popcorn.

All of a sudden there was beeping on the computer. Cisco rolled his chair over to it.

"The silent alarm has been tripped at the Central City morgue."

"Why would anyone want to rob a morgue?" Dr. Wells grimaced.

You sighed forcing yourself out of your seat as you were enjoying movie night. "I'm on it" You quickly got your suit on and headed out the door planning to meet up with Barry at the Morgue.

 On your way there you hear Barry and Cisco over the intercoms.

"Hey, what's going on? Dude?" Cisco came in.

"Yeah, Cisco I'm here," Barry responded.

"What happened? Why'd you stop?" you hear Cisco ask him. Why would he stop? You thought you might have to change course and help him.

"I just got a little disoriented." Barry said sounding confused.

"Well, you need to make up some time man better hurry up." Cisco said.

 "Hurry.... what?" Barry said still sounding confused.

"Hurry as in get to the morgue." Cisco said also sounding confused by Barry.

"The morgue? I was there yesterday." 

"What are you talking about? Come on you gotta go!" Cisco said in a rushed voice.

That didn't sound good you thought. "Barry, do you need me to come there?" You came over the comms worried.

"I'm good. I'll be there in a second." 

You had arrived a few seconds before Barry did.  

"You okay Bar?" you asked him when he arrived.

"Yeah" he replied.

When you got inside you realized it was too late for you guys to do anything. Whoever was there had already left and the coroner was laying on the floor already dead. You had to leave and get changed back into your regular clothes to meet up with Joe and the detectives who were on their way there. 

***********************************************************************************************

You were just about to enter the crime scene but unlike Barry who is always running into the scene late he was cautiously approaching it. Looking around like someone was going to jump out and scare him. 

"You sure you're okay?" you asked from behind him. He jumped a little.

"Yeah, I said I was good." He spoke. You just looked at him not believing him but what could you do right now? You had a scene to investigate.

 Joe walked over to you guys. "Hey, what's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?"

"What? No, I checked the sprinklers they're all intact." You didn't remember him checking the sprinklers.

"But the water has ice in it." Barry continued. "And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Look on his torso." Joe pulled back the coroner's shirt to reveal big round bruises.