Chapter 40: Fire and Vengence

Jax and Stein led the way through the hall. 

"Are you sure it was a good idea leaving the terminator on the bridge?" Leonard yelled to Rip as you continued your getaway.

"Gideon has lockdown protocols which-" Rip started to explain before he was cut off by said AI.

"-have been overridden, captain."

Rip stopped in his tracks causing the rest of you to stop as Gideon continued. 

"Chronos is utilizing superior time master technology. I cannot countermand his orders."

Suddenly you felt your knees bend and you realized it was the ship lifting up and flying away. Not being in your seats it almost knocked all of you over as you held on to the wall.

"Who's time jumping the ship?" Jax questioned. 

"The ladies will be left in 1958," Leonard said.

You scrunched your eyebrows together thinking you missed something. "What about Ray?" 

"Like I said." Leonard stared at you.

You rolled your eyes but smiled slightly. That's the old Leonard you knew and loved.

Once you got some of your bearings back Rip started to run again. "Let's go! We have to stop him."

It was hard to run when the ship was moving. It was like trying to swim in the ocean with the waves constantly pulling you this way and that.

"Gideon open the doors on my mark. Get to the jump ship and escape " Rip looked at Professor Stein and Jax.

"We are not abandoning you" Professor Stein defied him. 

"No, you are obeying a direct order from your captain." Rip shot back.

There was no more time to waste and without further discussion Professor Stein and Jax left. With a quick nod to each other signaling you were ready, Rip signaled Gideon to open the door.

The next thing you knew you were knocked out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When you came to you found yourself handcuffed to a railing on a staircase. You were aboard a ship, but it wasn't the Waverider. You immediately tried to vibrate your way out of the cuffs, but to no avail. You calmed yourself and took a breath now getting a better look around. Leonard was on the other side also handcuffed to the railing. You took a moment to think. Kendra, Ray, and Sara were stuck in 1958. Jax, and Professor Stein had taken the jump ship. Rip was the only one who had been with you and Leonard. But where was he?

You heard a shuffling from the other side of the staircase as Leonard stirred awake. And much like you immediately tried to free his hands from the cuffs. 

"If I can't get out of them, you certainly can't" you sighed. 

Leonard gave you a look now realizing you were there and taking in his surroundings. He looked back at you with a confused look like asking if you knew anything about what was going on. You just gave him a shrug.

You didn't have time to talk before you heard the sound of boots coming from behind you and Chronos entered your line of sight. You both watched as he walked by in-between the both of you. Now more fearful you thought maybe it would give you extra energy to vibrate your way out of the cuffs. Still nothing.   

"Special cuffs for speedsters. You can't vibrate your way out of this one." Chronos chuckled as he reached the console. "I love time master technology."