Chapter 35: Our Friends?

You were brought back to a club that was dimly lit by chandeliers. Paintings and statues, including a life-size bear, adorned every corner. 

You were currently sitting at a bar while the gang danced to loud music and drank. Mick of course is the center of it all as their apparent new gang leader.

"Hey, you!" You hear Mick yell out to someone in the crowd. "I'm terrible with names. I'm gonna call you Fonzie." He continued pointing to others and giving them names as well. "I'm gonna call you Kenickie. Anyone else here need a name?"

You watched from your seat with a smug look on your face. No one seemed to mind their new names. Did they know Mick was just calling them characters from Grease? 

"Your Highness," Leonard spoke standing a little way from you looking up at Mick. "Can I get a moment of your time please?" 

"Sure!" Mick said before getting down off the table he was standing on. "Isn't the future great?" He said now looking at Leonard. They talked as they walked toward the bar where you were seated. You made sure to listen in.

"We really should be getting back to Rip and Sara. " Leonard reminded him.

"Why?"

"Cause I'm not looking to put down roots here."

"Why not? It's everything we've ever wanted." Mick stopped spreading his arms out. "I've got a gang that does everything I tell them to. I got a fur coat. I got a chalice. Speaking of..." he held the chalice out to the guy at the bar to pour more alcohol into.

"What about stopping Savage?"

"What about it? You're the one who said we're in this for the score remember? We could live like kings here. No cops, no heroes, just some fool in a green hoodie. It's Christmas every day."

Suddenly a girl walked over to Mick and put her arms around him, and he reciprocated. "Ahh my sweet" he looked at her before they walked away.

You let out a small laugh that really had no force behind it. "Looks like your partner who you were so egar to save has dumped you."

Leonard gave you a hard stare as you glared back at him and moved to a smaller table to the side.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Surprisingly it didn't take Leonard long to join you. He had his eyes closed leaning his head on one arm. You didn't look much better. You were board, and still trying to figure a way out of this mess. Eventually after some fidgeting around Leonard gave in and talked first.

"Why are you still here?" You finally looked back at Leonard for the first time since you spaced out sitting there. You gave him a confused look. He continued talking.

"You could have run back to the Waverider. You could have avoided this whole thing. No one could have stopped you. No, instead you got on the back of a mortorcyle and came with us to who knows where."

You let out a light scoff looking away before staring back at Leonard. "You're doing it again. Seperating. It's always you two versus everyone else. I thought we got over this. Are we not a team?"

Leonard squinted his eyes. "I see, the whole ignoring me thing was about Mick." 

"It's not Mick. It's you choosing him over the people who you are supposed to also care about saving because we're all a team. You were ready to save Mick and leave. Not just leaving Ray but me." You looked at him sadly. "I couldn't have just left Ray there. Besides being my friend, he's my teammate. Was I just supposed to hope he woke up in time, find the Atom suit in his pocket and make his way back to the Waverider? I'm glad you could save Mick, but you just completely ignored my feelings."