Chapter 18: You're okay now

After getting a call of another attack, you arrived at the crime scene with Barry. Joe joined you guys as you were met by Patty Spivet. She was her same old cheerful self.

"Don't worry sir, I waited for you this time. Ok I may have done a quick piliminary assessment of my own. Something is definitely weird."

You watched as she lifted up a sheet to show you guys a headless body. You grimaced. The worst part of your job was seeing stuff like this. Maybe a limb like a leg wouldn't be so bad, but their head?  

"Decapitation... " Barry said looking about enthusiastic as you about it.

"Yikes...." you finished.

Patty continued telling you about their progress on the scene so far. "We're still recovering parts of the head, so the I.D is taking a little longer than normal..." she took a step before suddenly jumping back. "Ah! Ew. sorry. I thought I stepped on an ear. I didn't. If I did, I'd be hearing things." she laughed at her own joke.

You smiled shaking your head as Joe just walked away. You liked a good pun but sometimes she was too much. It reminded you a little bit of Barry. 

You guys got back to looking at the body. "Doesn't look like the head was taken off with any weapon I'm familiar with and I'm familiar with most weapons" Patty said proudly.

"Yeah, your right. Preparation around the neck... it's too jagged." Barry said examining it.

"It's almost like the head was blown off" you said realizing that sort of pattern was not man made.

"A metahuman who can explode heads?" Patty questioned.

"Not necessarily" Barry said scanning the area again. "Traces of thermite."

"Bomb residual? Then why didn't the rest of the body blow up?" You asked shocked.

Joe walked over to you guys with more information. "The victim is David Rutenberg. A security systems expert and guess who's on his list of known associates? ...Lewis Snart."

"Lewis Snart? Isn't he related to Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold?" Patty said eagerly.

You blushed hearing Leonard's name said by another person who was not a part of team Flash and Diamond. Sometimes you forgot the outside world knew about them too.

"Please don't call him that." Joe shook his head looking at her.

"One sec come here" Barry says to Joe and you. Once you have stepped away from Patty, he continues. "I think this guy is part of Snart's crew."

"So Snart put a bomb in him to keep him in line?" Joe asked.

"No," you quickly defended Leonard. " He wouldn't do that, but...."

"...his father would" Barry finished agreeing with you.

"Wait so Lewis is killing people and Snart is still with him what happened with the deal?" Joe continued to question.

"Maybe he doesn't have a choice" Barry suggested. You nodded in agreement.

"You think Lewis put a bomb in his own son to force him to pull off a heist?" Joe asked.

Oh no. You didn't think about that.

"Snart would dig the bomb out of his head if he had to." Barry concluded.

"There must be something else that snart cares about"

"...his sister" you said.

***********************************************************************************************