Chapter 29: Bone Me

The Waverider stopped but you were still in the air.

As you unbuckled Rip turned around in his chair as he talked "Washington D.C. The year is 1986."

"We landed at the height of the cold war in a world poised for nuclear annihilation?" Professor Stein said as he stood up.

If Vandal Savage was here this couldn't be good, you thought.

Gideon suddenly appeared on the console. "We've traveled here because I have a new lead on Vandal Savages location."

Rip stood up walking toward the console. "Yes, Gideon managed to intercept this telefax concerning Savage's last known whereabouts." The fax papers appeared on the screen as you all moved to look at them.

"It's totally crossed out," Jax said confused.

"Yeah, redacted by the US government, which is why we are here to steal the original file on Savage back from those who are tracking him." Rip explained.

Stealing? You looked to Leonard. A job for him you thought. He hadn't looked back at you instead he was looking forward. He looked worried. He never looked worried. That's when you turned to see everyone facing the window and then you understood why he looked worried.

"Uh, that's the..." you started.

"Now, now. Don't worry. We are cloaked." Rip said walking up to the window.

"You want us to break into the Pentagon?" Mick asked before adding "sounds awesome".

"Sounds crazy" Kendra came up behind Mick.

"What's the plan?" Sara asked Rip sounding totally confident as if he didn't just suggest breaking into the Pentagon. 

"Oh, the fabricator will fashion you the necessary Pentagon credentials." Rip answered.

"Which is what you hear every day" you said a little sarcastic.

"Oh, don't forget our G man disguises" Ray said now getting on board with the plan. "I always wanted to be a spy" Ray added smiling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After getting together the team's outfits everyone somehow managed to sneak into the Pentagon. Rip stayed back in the ship overlooking the operation through the security cameras.

You, Ray and Leonard were dressed up as janitors. The three of you took your positions pretending to mop the floor. 

"Now, the file we're after is kept in a secure records room." You heard Rip start explaining over comms. "In order to gain access were going to need to, uh, borrow a magnetic key card."

"Oh, Leonard's great at stealing key cards off of people" you said referring to when he took the jump ship key card off of Rip. You smirked at Leonard. He rolled his eyes.

"Because this is so much easier than just shrinking down and stealing it." Ray said rolling his eyes for a different reason.

You looked toward Ray. "Or using my speed." You added.

Leonard looked up at the both of you after pretending to mop. "Let me show you how it's done" he said looking behind him carefully watching a lady walk this way..."old school" he said before dropping the mop and in one swift movement making the lady trip while simultaneously catching her.

Your mouth opened in a bit of a shock forming an O shape.

"You okay ma'am?" Leonard said holding her.