Chapter 26: Reverse Uno

"We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany the most current location for Vandal Savage" Gideon said as the Waverider touched down. "And by the way captain, you are urgently needed in the med bay."

You saw Rip scurry from the room not even waiting until the Waverider completely touched the ground. Since the team didn't exactly have a plan yet, there was nothing you could do besides wait. You didn't venture too far from your chairs when after some time, he came back. 

He explained to you guys how Kendra was having a malfunction.

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart." Rip explained to you all as you sat around the cortex.

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff that can fix her?" Jax asked as if it were obvious.

"This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her" Rip cleared up.

Apparently, there was no fixing something magical no matter how advanced the technology was. You hoped she would be able to get through this on her own.

"Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway" Leonard added bringing you out of your thoughts. 

You looked down at Leonard who was sitting with his back against the chair you were seated in at the same time Rip gave him a questioning look.

"I pay attention" Leonard narrowed his eyebrows at Rip who silently accepted it with a nod. 

Mick walked forward. "To sum up, Carter Hall is dead. The girlfriends not too far behind. Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975. Which we're all now stuck in. That how the plan supposed to work Rip?" There was bitterness in his voice. It did seem bleak.

"Obviously not. But the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future." Rip reassured him.

"Ha, doesn't seem very easy so far." you sighed leaning your head on the side of the chair. 

"Oh, I never said it was. The benefit of being a time master is that the length and breadth of history gives one... perspective. I've seen darker days. I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall. And even then, I accomplished my mission no matter what." Rip stared you guys down.

"Gideon what is our status?" He said walking away to the console.

"When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the jump ship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to -" Gideon started explaining.

"Wait, jump ship?" Jax asked intrigued. You noticed Leonard also perked up at the mention of this.

"It's a small expeditionary vessel at the belly of the Waverider." Suddenly Rip perked up. "You're a mechanic!" he pointed at Jax. "You have a look at it!" Rip said excitedly walking away.

"Uh- auto mechanic." Jax pointed to himself. "Uh- spaceship." Jax pointed to the Waverider.

Jax sighed. "Ok, if you've got a set of wrenches, I'll see what I can do."

"What about the rest of us? Do we just sit?" Mick asked Rip before he left.

"Capital idea Mr. Rory! You're not nearly as thick as most people say." Rip said as he walked away.

"Thick..." Mick contemplated for a second. "Does that mean stupid?"

You snickered at Mick.

"Don't tell him" Leonard said to you. You thought you heard him hiding a grin behind those words.

***********************************************************************************************

After Rip had told you guys to basically do whatever you want you had travelled around the ship several times. Stopping in the kitchen area to get some hot chocolate before eventually making your way back into the control room. You heard Rip and Sara arguing about something and decided to listen in to see if you can help. You took a seat in one of the closest chairs and took a sip of your drink. You had no idea where Leonard had gone to but knew he must be sneaking around somewhere.