Chapter 27: Hot Chocolate

After you were able to convince Jax to take the jump ship for a joy ride it wasn't long until it touched down at the Central City Museum in 1975. 

A clean heist is what Mick called it when you reached the jump ship again. With your speed, you had made a swoop around the premises checking to make sure you wouldn't run into any guards. Afterward, you went back to Leonard and Mick who were waiting just outside. Giving them the ok you walked in with them. They really made it seem that easy. At least it went better than when you tried to steal the dagger from Savage's house.  

You thought about the last time you were at the Central City Museum. Coincidentally Leonard was there too only he was shooting at Barry.  And now you were there helping him. Very specifically to steal an emerald. Why that emerald at that time?

Taking your seat, you decided to ask him again about it.

"I still can't believe you used this ship to steal an emerald. An emerald." You emphasized.

"Well, I already have a diamond." He said referring to your hero alias.

Your eyes grew wide, and you felt yourself heat up. Your mouth fell agape, and you wanted to say, "that's not what I meant" but your body wouldn't let you. You got the feeling he knew that's not what you meant but he was messing with you like he always does. 

He was smirking at you and before you had the chance to say anything he suddenly dropped the subject leaving you blushing. 

He turned to Mick. "Thanks for not setting the museum on fire partner." 

Then he turned to Jax in the driver's seat. "And thanks for being our getaway driver."

"Speaking of let's get the hell back to the ship" Jax said turning around.

You slumped back in your seat thankful you would be back to the Waverider soon. After that comment you suddenly felt like you needed some air.

"Oh, one more stop." Leonard held up his pointer finger.

Suddenly feeling sober you straightened up. 

"What you talking about boss?" Mick asked.

"This wasn't in the plan." you said.

Leonard ignored you both.

"1629 Handley Avenue."

"What's Handley Avenue?" Jax asked confused.

You were looking at Leonard waiting for an answer, but Mick was the one to speak.

"It's where we grew up." Mick said staring off into space. "Thats why you wanted to steal the Maximilian emerald."

"I knew there had to be another reason." You said shaking your head.

"Mick, enough." Leonard started to get mad.

"You wanted to give it to your old man so he wouldn't go to jail trying to steal it for himself." Mick continued.

"Your father was a thief too?" Jax asked.

"And unfortunately, not a very good one." Leonard answered.

"I thought you were done with your father?" You interjected. "Wasn't the whole reason you killed him was because he was terrible to you and your sister and now, you're helping him?"

Jax looked surprised. "You killed your father?"

Leonard didn't say anything, but you saw his jaw get tight.

"Didn't Rip say something about not messing with the timeline?" Mick spoke.

"You could accidently blink yourself out of existence" Jax speculated. "You're screwing with history here man!"