Chapter 12: Rogues. Cute.

Later that day you and Barry met up with Cisco at a bar. As you walked in Cisco greeted you.

"Hey, guys! Thanks for meeting me here even though you can't get drunk." Cisco was already nursing a pint. 

"No Worries," Barry said. You sat on the right side of Cisco and Barry his left. 

"So how was your guy's day?" he asked taking a sip.

It was then that Barry informed you and Cisco of his breakup with Linda. You told him you were sorry, but he seemed really good about it. Maybe Iris had something to do with it you thought. Just then a girl walked over to your guy's table.

"Hi, I don't normally do this, but I was watching you, and can I buy you a drink?" she smiled.

"Oh, wow I'm really flattered but I-" Barry started.

"Actually, I was talking to him" she pointed to Cisco. You gave a little chuckle at the awkard exchange. 

Cisco's eyebrows raised. "Uhm I'm sorry you said you were talking to me?" Cisco stumbled over his words. 

"Yeah, I just told my friends over there that I thought you were cute, and they dared me to come over here and talk to you so please talk to me." She pleaded.

"Yeah, I suppose I could talk to you for a little bit." Cisco smiled.

You and Barry looked at each other and got up "oh we were just leaving" you smiled at both of them. 

As you walked out of the door you took this opportunity to confront Barry about what you overheard the other day after you caught the weather wizard. 

"Hey Bar," you stared.

"Yeah?" he looked at you as you were walking.

"So, the other day I may have overheard Dr. Wells talking to you after we caught Martin."

His face got serious. "Oh.." 

"Did you really time travel? How did you time travel? Was it as cool as they portray it in the movies?" 

"Listen, y/n," he stopped turning to you and holding up his hands. "Yes, I did time travel, but it was only a day, and I can't tell you anything. I already changed the timeline by catching Martin I don't want to risk anything else." Barry insisted.

"Okay," you agreed. "But can you at least tell me how you time traveled? Since that is in the past it shouldn't hurt right?" 

Barry nodded. "During the day that didn't happen there was.... something that we had to stop and as Dr. Wells explained to me apparently, I ran so fast to prevent it that I was able to reach a speed that I time traveled."

"Whoa. How come I didn't time travel?" You asked with furrowed brows.

"I guess you didn't go fast enough." Barry shrugged his shoulders.

Not fast enough? Were you practicing too much on your ninja skills? You told yourself you were not just gonna rely on your speed, but the thought did irk you. 

***********************************************************************************************

The next day you headed to Star Labs without Barry. Apparently, he was meeting up with Iris at CC Jitters. You had asked if you could tag along but he insisted that it had to be just them two. You went along with it and wondered if something must finally be happening between them since Barry explained the other night him and Linda broke up. Even though Iris was still with Eddie. Wasn't she?  

You were sitting at the desk of the cortex with Caitlyn and Dr. Wells when Barry walked in. You would have not even known he was there at first if he hadn't of made a knock with his hand on the door frame.