Chapter 10: Heroes

The minutes ticked by and the more intense it felt. You and Barry were in the cortex of Star Labs. Barry was pacing. You were sitting down in one of the chairs by the desk. Your fingers were fiddling on one of the armrests. It had been pretty quiet for a while now. Just waiting. You hoped Caitlyn was okay. You were pretty sure she was. You didn't think Leonard would do anything to her. But you had never met Mick Rory before. You had no idea what he would do. 

 Suddenly Barry's phone rang. It was Joe. You sat up straighter. 

Barry said a few things into the phone before you heard "I'll see ya soon." And he hung up. 

Barry looked at you. "It's time." You nodded and you both went to put your suits on.

After arriving at the rondevu point, you didn't have to wait for long until you saw Captain Cold and Heatwave coming up the street to meet you. Barry was standing on the side Heatwave was coming up. You were standing on the side Captain Cold was walking up.

"The scarlet speedster. And the ever-mysterious blue streak. Any preference on how you'd like to die? The flame? Or the frost?" Captain Cold greeted both of you. You remained quiet. "Not in the mood for chit-chat? Gotcha. Ready when you are." He finished saying as they both held up their guns and powered them up.

Barry went first and zoomed-in between them and back as they both tried to shoot. The goal was to try to get them to cross streams. The force from Barry flying by at close range made Snart hit the side of a car.

"Cover me!" he shouted to Mick.

You joined Barry in running around them as each one took one of you as a target. You hoped to distract them enough that when Barry and you ran by each other they wouldn't realize they would be shooting at each other as well. But it was proving to be more difficult than it sounded. Eventually Snart stopped shooting at you and built-up frost on one of the sidewalks in what looked like an ice sculpture. You saw it in time as he had been shooting at you and you noticed when he stopped but Barry didn't, and he smashed right smashed through it and rolled a little down the sidewalk. You saw him stop behind a car and lay against it. He was holding his shoulder.

"Barry? Barry? Are you okay?" You heard Dr. Wells on the comms.

"He hurt his shoulder." you responded.

"It's okay. Speed healing. You know what you have to do." He reminded you guys.

"Yeah, get them to cross their beams and cancel their guns out, we know." Barry responded.

Just then you hear Snart shout "Mick!" and you look over in time to see him blast his heat gun at the car and it explodes. You jump back and see Barry run to the end of the street and you follow.

"You okay?" You ask him.

"Yeah. Let's do this." He says getting himself together.

You and Barry continued running around still unsure of how to get their streams to cross. Hoping that it would just happen. You even began running up buildings to try to confuse them more. But Barry had been hit again and was on the ground holding his leg in pain. You knelt down with Barry as Snart and Rory walked closer closing in on you. You were unsure how this was gonna play out. You couldn't leave Barry because if you did, they would for sure blast him. At least you would be standing in their way. It seemed to work before with Snart for reasons you were still unsure of.

Looking up at them you knew you had to plan a next move and quick. However, that decision was taken from you as Eddie runs in front of you guys with a shield just as they blast their guns at you. 

Barry looks at you and says, "I got Eddie, you get the shield." You nod.

You grab onto the shield and Barry grabs Eddie pulling the both of them off to the side and to safety. They stop blasting their guns when they realize what happened and you slowly get up and set the shield down. Barry came back to the middle of the street seemingly stronger than before. It was another stare down as Snart and Rory walked off to opposite sides of the street.

"We can't get them to cross streams. Speed isn't getting it done." Barry talked frustratingly to Dr. Wells over the comm.

"Right maybe the way to do this is not by going faster." Dr. Wells thought out loud.

"Do you mean to go slower?" You asked.

"Yes."

"Okay" Barry replied. He turned to you. "I have this." He assured you. You knew it would probably work better with one target. You had to let him try. You nodded and stayed where you were.

Barry started out walking towards them before speeding up a little bit. Snart and Rory started shooting fire and ice but this time he let them strike him as he slowed down from the hits and managed to stay standing to walk in-between them. Once they had gotten to where their streams would cross Barry got out as fast as he could.

Fire and Ice collided, causing them to fly back in opposite directions from the impact. Snart went to get his gun which landed a few feet away from him, but you stepped on it just before he reached it. He looked at you and let out a laugh. "I didn't see that coming" he said still lying on the ground. "I guess you win this time." 

"Don't you wish there will be a next time." You said smirking.

Eddie came up next to you with his gun pointed at Snart. 

"Thank you, detective." you said putting on your disguised voice before running off.

***********************************************************************************************

The precinct clapped as the two criminals were brought in. Mick Rory was thrashing all about very clearly not happy to have been caught. Joe had to draw his gun on him for a moment when he got a little too forceful before they got control of him again. Joe then went over to stand with you and Barry when they brought in Leonard Snart.

Joe looked to Leonard and said, "your partners a real hot head." You smiled a little bit realizing how true their personalities matched their element.

He looked unamused and replied, "that's funny."

"You know what's hilarious Snart. We got you." Joe stood tall. 

"Congratulations" Snart countered back.

"Get him out of here." Joe said to the two cops bringing him in.

As Leonard started to walk away you caught his attention. He looked you right in the eyes. Your smile faltered a little and you stared back. This stare was like he was peering into your soul as his eyebrows furred a little bit. For a second maybe you thought... no he couldn't know. But did he suspect? Could it be that easy to see behind your disguise? If he knew, why wasn't he looking at Barry? Did you stand out that much? Or maybe it was just your eyes. Did he recognize your eyes? Afterall, you have stared him down several times already. Maybe it was nothing and you were just paranoid. 

What felt like forever was really only a passing glance. But it left you a little worried at the thought and your cheeks heated up a little bit. Damn those icy blue eyes.

Joe went back into desk area and left you and Barry standing there with Eddie. Barry turned to Eddie.

"Nice work Eddie" Barry said.

"Yeah, I heard about what you did out there. That was amazing." You added.

"It wasn't me it was the flash and the blue streak." He said modestly before turned towards Cisco holding the cold gun and the heat gun. "We're not going to be needing these at the trial. You'll make sure-"

"-That they'll never hurt anyone ever again." Cisco promised taking them. 

The captain then walked over to Cisco and said "Mr. Ramone." Cisco turned around and looked at him. "Thank you." the captain finished shaking his hand. 

When Cisco looked at you and Barry, you gave him a smile and a thumbs up. 

As you followed Cisco out a group of officers walked past talking about the flash and the blue streak.

"I wonder who they are?" one said.

"If you ask me, they are heroes" another said.

You and Barry smiled at each other before walking out.