Chapter 4: Running

When you met up with Barry again you learned he had paid his friend Oliver Queen a visit. You were glad you both had come to the same conclusion. You needed to find the other metahumans and help or stop them before they wreak havoc on Central City. Using your connection as CSI investigators you were able to look into unsolved cases over the past nine months since the particle accelerator exploded. Afterward, you took your findings back to Star Labs in hopes of convincing them to help you.

"Your metahumans have been busy," Barry explained to Cisco and Caitlyn.  "I'm not blaming you. I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen. I know you all lost something, but we need your help to catch Martin and anyone else out there like him."

  "We can't do it without you." You pleaded, giving your best puppy dog eyes. "Please."

Cisco and Caitlyn looked at each other. "If we're gonna do this, I have something that might help." Cisco nodded agreeing.

He led you to a room nearby and opened the door revealing a suit displayed on a tilted-up table. "Something I've been playing with designed to replace the turnouts firefighters traditionally wear. I thought if Star Labs could do something nice for the community maybe people would not be so mad at Dr. wells anymore."

"How is it gonna help us?" Barry questioned looking curious at the suit.

"It's made of a reinforced Tri Polymere, its heat and abrasive resistant so it should withstand your moving at high velocity speed and the aerodynamic design should help you maintain control plus it has built in sensors so we can track your vitals and stay in contact with you from here." Cisco paused. "Unfortunately, I only have one though." He said apologetically.  

"That's okay. It looks like it will fit you, Barry. You should go." You said looking at him.

"Are you sure y/n?" He looked at you concerned. 

"Of course," you assured him. 

"Actually," Cisco interrupted " I do have a mask from the last Comic-Con I went to. I cosplayed as Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

"Oh boy, not that again." Caitlyn sighed.

"What?" Cisco looked at her annoyed. "And miss the chance to eat pizza all day? No way!"

"You're gonna make me a suit soon though, right Cisco?" You interrupted his reminiscing.

"Of course!" He promised. "It will be even better!" 

 "Thanks now how do we find Martin?" you asked,

Caitlyn speaks up. "I've retested Star Labs satellites to track meteorological abnormalities over Central City." She looked at her device in her hands. "We just got a ping! Atmospheric pressure dropped 20 millibars in a matter of seconds" she said bringing the map up on her screen pad. "I've tracked it to a farm just west of the city."

You threw your temporary mask on while Barry changed into the suit and sped out of Star Labs. You weren't gonna lie. It was exciting to be using your powers for something good and have a purpose.

When you reached the field, you saw the tornado already spinning out of control.

"Barry? Y/N?" Cisco came through your ear comm. "This things getting closer. Wind speeds are 100mph and increasing. Barry? Y/n? Can you hear me?" 

"Yeah, loud and clear" Barry replied.

"Same here Cisco" You also responded.

"If it keeps this up it could become an f5 tornado." Cisco warned.