Chapter 8:

You haven't seen Leonard Snart for a while now. Since Cisco couldn't trace him after getting back from the train incident you could no longer track the cold gun. You had become a little obsessed with thinking about him. Just like Iris was with the streaks.

Right now, you were back at that big open field getting in some practice. Barry was training to become even faster ever since his run-in with the man in the yellow suit. If you asked him, he no longer was the fastest man alive. You watched from the sidelines in between your own ninja practice as Cisco controlled the drone that was chasing after him while Barry tried to dodge the shots that were fired at him.

You watched Cisco tap some things on his pad as bigger rockets flew out of the drone at Barry. They caused a small explosion, but Barry still fell over. He got up as the drone came after him but stayed in the same spot. You had wanted to go over to make sure he was alright. But he was training and decided to watch how it played out. 

More rockets shot out, but this time Barry caught one and threw it back at the drone causing the drone to explode in mid-air. Cisco looked both impressed and a little disgruntled that his drone was destroyed.

After Barry's quick thinking you all decided it was time to take a break. You had to fuel up now that you ate several times more than the average human. There was a massive pile of big belly burgers in between you and Barry as he added another wrapper on top.

"Very impressive Mr. Allen your reaction to stimuli at super speed continues to improve." Dr. Wells told Barry.

"It's still not enough" Barry said. You knew it was never gonna be enough for him.

"It will be. We'll keep working on you staying focused and you'll be ready the next time the man in the yellow suit comes around" Dr. Wells assured him.

"I think you mean; the reverse flash" Cisco said finally giving him a name. You all looked at him. "What he said it, not me. And he's right. Yellow suit. Red lightning. And evil. Reverse of Barry."

You nodded agreeing. 

"Meh" Caitlyn went.

"I kinda like it" Dr. Wells said.

"I'm ready for another round how many drones do you have left?" Barry said heading back to the field.

"Two. And they got lazers!" Cisco shouted.

"Lazers? cool!" you said ready to get out in the field.

"No." Caitlyn and Dr. Wells said at the same time.

***********************************************************************************************

You and Barry had been called in to another crime scene. Only problem there really was no crime.

"Are you sure nothings missing?" You heard Joe ask another police officer.

"Thats what the supervisor said. I can check again" the police officer suggested.

You and Barry were crouched on the ground looking around the car warehouse where the break in just happened. There was something shattered all over the ground, but it wasn't glass. Joe came over to you guys.

"The breakage indicates that the door somehow had zero elasticity when it hit the ground." Barry observed.

"What does that mean in normal people?" Joe asked for clarification.

"The steel shattered like glass" you clarified.

Barry picked up a piece and looked at it closely. You noticed his face drop. "It was frozen Joe."

Your eyes widened. 

"Snart" Joe said under his breath.

"He's back!?" You might have said a little loud and a little excited.

Barry looked at you with a tilted head.  

"Uh, sorry" you said quickly calming yourself down.

"I thought snart was some world class thief. All these expensive cars. He didn't take any of them. It doesn't make sense" Eddie looked confused. 

"Eddie put out an APB on Snart" Joe instructed.

"Got it" Eddie turned around and left.

"Snart wasn't here to steal anything" Barry pieced it together as he got up.

"He was setting a trap" you also realized getting up.

"For us" Barry pointed to you and him.

***********************************************************************************************

"Captain Cold is back?" Cisco said as you all entered the Lab in Star Labs. You were glad at least one other person seemed to be excited? Was that the word for it?

"For a non-meta human Leonard Snart is proving to be quite the nemesis" Dr. Wells observed.

"He still has the cold gun. The one he stole from us. The one I built." Cisco said still feeling guilty.

"What does he want this time?" Caitlyn looked done. 

"The Flash and the Blue Streak" Barry said. You still technically didn't have a name. Barry got his name from talking to Iris about it and she was able to get it out there on her blog. But you were hoping to talk to Cisco about that. "If snart wants a fight with us then we'll give him one." Yeah, it might be because you were fighting but you were ready to see him again. The intrigue had been killing you.

"Well ..." Dr. Wells started.

"You don't think we should?" You spoke.

"I didn't say that but with as fast as you are you cannot be everywhere at once. Now in the last month you have both made a commitment, Barry to increasing your speed and y/n with your ninja skills and it's working. "

"Okay but what am I supposed to do just ignore Snart?" Barry looked worried.

"The last time you had a fight with Snart a train derailed, and you were lucky to get all of those people to safety. If you don't give him that fight- "

"He may just back off and there'll be no casualties". Barry concluded.

"Cisco and I will work with Joe and the police and devise a way to catch cold. Yes, I said it Cisco as soon as it came out of my mouth, I heard it" Dr. Wells said.

"Yeah, we can definitely come up with a way to neutralize Snart" Cisco nodded.

"I'll help you guys out." you added.

"Listen Barry" Dr. Wells went over to Barry "whether or not you go after Snart that's your choice. Were here, well do whatever we can to support you. But after this past Christmas, after the events with the reverse flash, I just think he's a greater threat to all of us." 

You walked over to Barry and Dr. Wells. You knew the reverse flash was of importance to him. And it seemed like Barry was the only one he was after. This would give you a chance to get closer to Leonard Snart. "Focus on getting the reverse flash, Barry. I'll help them get Snart."

He smiled at you "Thank you".

***********************************************************************************************

Note: Does anyone have any ideas for the readers superhero name other than The Blue Streak? *Cisco meta-human naming powers activate*

**Another note: I don't know if you can see it but after I published this chapter, the chapter title was not showing. Just in case it is not showing this chapter is called: Guess Who's Back?