Chapter 19: Not just Heroes

"Leonard?" you raised your head up.

"Y/n?" Leonard asked raising his head up too.

You started to sit up and realized immediately that it was not just you and Leonard laying on the ground. Mick was laying on your other side.

"Stein? What the hell are you doing here?" Leonard asked confused now looking around.

"I'm as ignorant as you for once" Professor Stein replied also looking confused.

"Oh professor, hi," you said.

"Ah hello Y/n." he said looking at you.

"Where are we?" you heard a girl you hadn't seen before ask.

Suddenly a more familiar voice spoke up. "Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us?" Jefferson said.

"You mean the British dude with the flashy thing?" you spoke up remembering how you got there. "Hi, Jax by the way." He gave you a wave.

"The names Rip Hunter" you heard from your right as you saw him walk towards you all. "I'm from east London. oh," he paused "and the future."

You all got up. 

"Nice to meet you Rip" you heard Mick say from behind you surprisingly courteous before he reached down to get his heat gun. Ah that's more like him you thought.

"While you were incapacitated, I may have tampered with your weapons. I've assembled you all because I need your help. The future of the world is in parrel. There's a man by the name Vandal Savage." Rip informed you all.

 "Wait isn't that the man we helped you take down?" You turned to Kendra and Carter who were looking at each other worried. "Exactly. We destroyed him." Carter said. 

"Yeah, the Green Arrow and the Flash and Diamond helped us do it" Kendra added.

"And therein lay the problem" Rip said turning around to them. "Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored but from a single cell."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mick asked now stepping up from behind you.

"Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate" Carter explained.

"Yeah, I've done that" you hear that girl you didn't know say. You wondered what her story was.

"What the hell does this Randall guy got to do with us?" Mick asked clearly wanting to leave.

"Vandal. In the future he deploys the evil he has perfected over his long life and the power he has amassed throughout history to finally conquer the world. I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him."

"How?" You hear that same girl ask.

"To travel through time." Rip put his hands dramatically in the air "to capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes."

You hear Leonard scoff beside you "You got the wrong guy." He started walking up to Rip. "Hero ain't on my resume." This time you scoffed, and he turned around to look at you. You feigned innocent.

"Or mine" you hear Mick now walking up to be with Leonard.

"I know it's difficult for you to fathom but where-when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes. Your legends."

"Legends?" Ray spoke up taking a few steps up to stand beside you.

"I uh, I hate to nitpick, but doesn't a legend have to be dead?" Professor Stein pointed out.