Chapter 32: Prison Break

Having gotten yourself together to infiltrate the gulag you went to meet up with Leonard and Sara. Walking into the cortex you thought they might be in there, but no one was. 

Despite having super speed, you didn't want to travel all over the ship to find them. So, you asked Gideon who told you they were both in the loading dock. Both? You thought.

Upon approaching the entrance of the loading dock, you overheard them talking.

"He just wanted to go over a few details of the plan." You hear Sara explain. She was talking about why Rip called her into the study.

"He wants you to take out the old man, doesn't he? It's the obvious play. It's also heartless." Leonard drawled out.

"The plan is to save Stein. And if for whatever reason, we can't, Rip showed me what will happen to my home in 2016, to our families. If Stein breaks the damage is irreversible." She was fiddling with her knives not even looking at Leonard. 

"Been on a lot of heists and even when things get rough, I never took out one of my own" Leonard walked around in front of her.

"Well, this isn't a bank heist."

"First he left my partner twisting in the wind, now he's gonna have you ice old silver top. We're all just pawns Sara. Come on I'm the crook and you're the assassin..."

No, you thought, she wouldn't. You made a bold move and walked into the room. "You're planning to kill Stein?" you looked at Sara. She let out a big sigh like she didn't want to talk about it anymore but answered anyways.

"He's not just asking me to kill. He's asking me to save the future. And if for whatever reason we can't save Stein, then I'm gonna do what needs to be done." And then she left the room. 

After watching her walk away in disbelief that things would have to come to this you turned to Leonard. You raised your arms and opened your mouth in an attempt to say something, but nothing came out. 

"Don't worry" he told you with a determined look. These simple words actually helped you. It was this weird thing you felt with Leonard like you could be in the middle of the world ending and if he told you he was going to fix it you would believe him. He handed you a small case before heading for the door. You opened it to see Ray's atom suit inside. You quickly closed it and followed in the direction Leonard went.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You felt the truck pull up to the gate and hear the guard ask for identification papers.

Rip told him that Yuri the bear sent him. It seemed to work because in a matter of seconds the truck was pulling forward.

As Rip drove you, Sara and Leonard jumped out in a safe spot and made a run to hide just by the front of the prison gate. You all squatted down to not be seen. Sara turned around to you and Leonard.

"Remember we get Stein first" she told you guys. 

"And if the plan fails, you'll kill him. You want my advice?" Leonard said.

'Yes" you said at the same time Sara said "no." Sara glared at you before looking back at the gates.

"Leonard continued anyway "don't use your gun. Do it with your hands. Do it while you're looking right into Steins eyes."

"Oh my god" you said staring off at nothing in particular seeing the image of Sara strangling Professor Stein.

Sara turned around again clearly frustrated "you're talking about a member of our team."