Chapter 41: Eventuality

There was nothing you could really do at the moment except wait for Mick to leave. The ship actually arrived at its destination pretty quickly. Once you felt it touchdown Mick started to walk past you guys. Leonard spoke up almost with a smile.

"Would you mind loosening these up a bit before you leave?" He held his hands up with the cuffs.

Mick didn't say anything as he continued walking. You raised an eyebrow. Not really expecting that to work Leonard took a different approach. 

"Just out of curiosity what do you think your new masters are gonna do with you once you've delivered the team up to them? I don't expect there's a pension plan for old bounty hunters." Mick walked past with a gun on his shoulder.

"Once they get what they want from you they're gonna toss you aside."

"Like you tossed me aside?" Mick quickly shot back. "For the team? For them?" he nodded towards you.

Ah, so that was why you were here.

Leonard looked at you softly before looking back at Mick.

"You and I both made choices that led us to this moment. What matters Mick, is your next move. And I'm willing to bet that some little piece of the old you is in that armor somewhere."

"No." Mick adjusted his head gear. "Your wrong." He finished as he put on his helmet and left. 

You looked back over at Leonard who was now staring into space. He looked lost. You hoped somehow this would turn out okay.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as you heard Mick leave you tried getting out of your cuffs again.

This time you tried to take a more thoughtful approach. 

What would Cisco do? You wondered looking at the cuffs trying to figure them out. He would find a way to somehow hack into them and get them to open. 

Suddenly Leonard's cold gun didn't seem so bad. It may slow you down but at least you could get out of it. 

Out of the corner of your eye you noticed Leonard moving on the other side.

He had gotten up and started following the railing down the hallway. 

"Leonard!" You breathed out quickly before standing up and following him on your side of the railing.

Surprisingly you found it easy to burst through the support beams holding up the railing. All that time master technology and their ships were still this feeble? 

You watched as he reached the corner where the guns were placed on the wall. He then held a leg up and kicked one of them to get it to fall down. When it did you noticed it was the cold gun. Using the same foot, he scooted it closer to him and paused as if to think for a moment. 

"Leonard what are you-"

"Get down." He warned you as he started to lay on the ground and adjust the gun between his feet.

"What?!" you exclaimed as Leonard got ready to shoot and you quickly ducked. 

After you hear the blast, you looked up to see what he had done. Confusion washed over you when you realized he froze his hand. Before you could ask what he was doing he smashed it on the ground shattering it to pieces. You gasped at the same time he yelled.

You were in shock that he would do that to his own hand.

You didn't know what to say as he unlooped his arms from the railing and stumbled over to you to get your cuffs off.